Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 8 months ago #29585

The radio has been the same since the start. It would be great if changing the pots improved that jerkiness!
I will surely look for replacement pots and pm you a small pile of coins if it goes well :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 8 months ago #30041

At the Revival RC meeting I went to at the weekend, I fully realised the benefits of 2.4GHz (faffing around with crystals, losing signal at the far side of the track etc).

The guy pitched next to me there was using this £9 receiver from Hobbyking with the Etronix Pulse stick transmitter.

The Etronix Pulse 3GR Pro tx has multiple model memory and RRP is £80
The EX2G model doesn't but is only about £40.

This would seem like the way to go.

Now what can I sell to raise £80...... :whistle:

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 8 months ago #30042

• Dam
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
I know exactly what your saying there Martin. Most of my runners are 27mhz, but im now upgrading them. I bought a flysky gt3c. Got it hacked for £15. It now will hold up to 100 cars and now 6 channel, instead of 3. The receivers cost under £5 for a 3 channel and around £7 for a 6 channel. I'm glad I made the change, lifes just got easier :y:

I know have the problem of learning how to drive using a trigger/wheel handset instead of sticks :unsure:

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 7 months ago #30145

I've just bought a Core CR151 FHSS 3 channel with 15 model memory for £45 secondhand that will be waiting for me when I get back from holiday.
Apparently these will work with cheapy Hobbyking receivers so seem to solve all problems.

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 6 months ago #30692

I can confirm that this £8 receiver works with the Core Code CR151 (and presumably the Etronix equivalent).

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 6 months ago #30778

In the image above, does anyone know why the last 2 inches of antenna wire is uninsulated?
What do I do with the uninsulated bit when I install the Rx?

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 6 months ago #30780

Is it actually uninsulated? From memory the Core RXs I have (which are identical apart from the label) the "bare wires" have some sort of (enamal?) clear coating on them ... have you tried a continuity check?

:)

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 6 months ago #30781

I haven't looked at it closely, but Googling this page provided some answers.
Seems the "bare" bit on the end is the actual aerial (very short because the frequency is higher, so wavelength is shorter) - the rest is a shielded connecting cable.

The question remains how to install it neatly and effectively? My first thoughts were to use a short aerial tube (the length of the shielded bit) with the bare bit sticking out the top. Then fold the bare bit down the side of the tube and cover with heatshrink.

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 6 months ago #30783

Blimey, bloke from Litchwuff said - must be true :whistle:

While I don't _know_ that it's a crock, I can tell you that the Acoms 2.4GHz RXs have an antenna about the same length, but are covered all the way along, & the Planet 2.4GHz units have antennas about the same length as just the bare bit (but covered) on your RX... I'm just saying that a generalisation that doesn't cover all, or even most instances (from my perspective anyway) has got to be suspect.

While we're on the topic of generalisations, I know with 27mhz & 40mhz sets you shouldn't do what you're suggesting, as it reduces the effective height (and therefore reception quality) of the RX antenna - I'd keep the whole length as close to vertical as possible if you're worried about it. TBH I wouldn't worry - I don't think I've had anything I would call a reception glitch with 2.4Ghz, and I've done some pretty crappy jobs of installing the antennas (especially with the Planet gear) :blush:

:)

2.4GHz radios - recommendations 9 years 6 months ago #30785

I can confirm that this £8 receiver works with the Core Code CR151 (and presumably the Etronix equivalent).

Strangely identical to my T2M 2,4 Ghz receiver

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.