Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Boomerang Modifications 9 years 2 months ago #33364

Gents, take a look at this Boomerang. Perhaps one of the most stunning individual buggies Ive ever seen. Id like to modify mine with the same suspension set up and wheels. As for the wheels, I guess its just a case of spraying the stock items with black paint. However,

1) Im unsure as to how the wheels on this buggy have the 6 metal pins showing around the center nut?

2) Secondly, any ideas where the aluminum dampers/red springs can be purchased from?

3) Finally, are the chrome looking parts just sprayed?

Many thanks

PS: if the buggy belongs to anyone here, well done to you!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mooose.

Tamiya Boomerang Modifications 9 years 2 months ago #33375

They have just evenly spaced the nuts between the existing holes and far enough out to miss the hub, If you look at the spec's for the front and rear shocks to find the length's you can then jump on evilbay to find some you like :) Those parts are definitely chrome, I'd say the owner had some new parts done :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Tamiya Boomerang Modifications 9 years 2 months ago #33377

Oh I see, they're just individual bolts/nuts on the wheels Doh!!!

Tamiya Boomerang Modifications 9 years 2 months ago #33380

Oh I see, they're just individual bolts/nuts on the wheels Doh!!!

:laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Tamiya Boomerang Modifications 9 years 2 months ago #33386

the painting work helps the competition style. And the chrome gives a very nice look :y:

Tamiya Boomerang Modifications 9 years 2 months ago #33390

Actually, i dont think im as thick as I thought. If you look at the boomerang wheels as stock items,i think the 6 metal bolts have actually been painted on as theyre not in alignment with the hub holes. Am I wrong, again?

Tamiya Boomerang Modifications 9 years 2 months ago #33391

Actually, i dont think im as thick as I thought. If you look at the boomerang wheels as stock items,i think the 6 metal bolts have actually been painted on as theyre not in alignment with the hub holes. Am I wrong, again?

They're not paint as they are 3 dimensional. They've drilled extra holes in between the hub holes and inserted small bolts. They're just for decoration and don't serve any purpose.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.