Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ranger decals 8 years 9 months ago #34927

I am planning a 70's vibe for my Blackfoot-bodied Stampede, so I thought I would go with metalllic brown paint with gold decals.
Hence I bought these:

The side panels are cut vinyl so the "pinstripe" around the outside is separate to the main panel. It strikes me that this will be a complete pain sur la derriere to apply and keep the stripe in the correct postion with respect to the main panel. I was wondering if anyone had any tips?
(I tried to find JR's tutorial on making your own decals but couldn't)

Also, I bought a lexan Kamtec Baja shell (variation on the Scorcher) which came with some translucent window-shaped stickers (they're like tinted window film). I am assuming these are paint masks. Am I correct? Any tips on using these?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ranger decals 8 years 9 months ago #34928

Think I had some decals from them, not so excited about the quality, if I remeber correctly they are pretty thick.

PMd you

Ranger decals 8 years 9 months ago #34930

I wouldn't worry about it Martin, when they arrive & you see how poor they are you'll be sending them back anyway :whistle:

What the panels/pinstripes should have is a carrier film so you can peel the backing off & stick them on without losing the relationship between the sections (then you peel the film off).

The articles on DIY decals are still there under the "Articles" button (along with someone else's take on the same subject), you might have to go through a few pages.

Didn't someone here get a Robo plotter (or whatever they're called) for cutting vinyl like that? Suggest you ask them nicely & get a set of decals from Canadians MCI racing on eBay for the rest.

:)

Ranger decals 8 years 9 months ago #34936

Here is how to apply vinyl decals like these and keep them together :)

blog.silhouette...rial-vinyl
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Ranger decals 8 years 8 months ago #35018

I wouldn't worry about it Martin, when they arrive & you see how poor they are you'll be sending them back anyway :whistle:

Meh, they are not great, but they'll be OK for a runner.

What the panels/pinstripes should have is a carrier film so you can peel the backing off & stick them on without losing the relationship between the sections (then you peel the film off).

I've had a look at them and can't see this. Is it under the decals or over the top?

Here is how to apply vinyl decals like these and keep them together :)

blog.silhouette...rial-vinyl

Thanks for this. Is the transfer paper anything special? I am wondering if I can use a piece of masking tape to carry the vinyl.

Ranger decals 8 years 8 months ago #35020

Meh, they are not great, but they'll be OK for a runner.

:) absolutely :y:

yes the transfer film is special, I suppose you could use masking tape but I think it would be harder :huh: most sign writers would have the stuff though and its not expensive ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.