Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

teu 101bk info please 8 years 5 months ago #35842

:) I need an info please.
I have a teu 101 bk, and I would like to know if I can put it on my f350 hi lift.
Thanks for your answers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

teu 101bk info please 8 years 5 months ago #35843

Hey Flo I found this information for you :)

ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER
Use high power type ESC with reverse function (maximum continuous current: forward 120A, reverse 60A, FET regulation).
A high-spec ESC is especially recommended when running on rough terrain.
TEU-302BK Electronic Speed Controller (ITEM 45028) is recommended.
Not for use with TEU-101BK Electronic Speed Controller.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

teu 101bk info please 8 years 5 months ago #35844

:angry: Thank you Andy. I'll put it in the box for a vintge one ;)

teu 101bk info please 8 years 5 months ago #35845

your welcome, here is some more info about the teu101bk I found

The TEU101 is capable of running motors for a long time, but it has particularly low tolerances to AMP pull. If you hook it up to a Modified 27T motor which pulls a lot of current (amps) then it can blow up.

The 'silver can' type 540 motors included with the kits pull very little current. The Tamiya Sport-Tuned motor is also of very old design, and pulls similarly low current. This is what the 101 can handle.

"But I've been running a 19T for ages with no trouble"

This can often be the case; because mass produced products will contain units with different tolerances. Some will be reliable at as low as 15T, but won't last as long. Some will go up in smoke at the sight of a modified motor (this is a very small percent, around 1 in every 50 will quiver at a 23T motor, this is down to the build quality and 'luck')

"So why have a range of motors at 23T?"

The 23T motor range (RZ, TZ, RR etc.) are all meant to be used in conjunction with the TEU-302 ESC. The 302 is capable of handling much more current and keeping its cool. It is however, still only rated at 23T.

So if you have the Tamiya TEU101BK ESC and were wondering what your options were, you can have either a Tamiya silver can, Sprort Tuned or GT Tuned motor.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

teu 101bk info please 8 years 5 months ago #35846

:woohoo: thanks a lot Andy. Like you can see, I love the stock version. I have a very quantity of upgraded cars. Now I know that I can put this ESC only with box motor. Especially in onroad cars like tt01 ta02 or other ff01. I think that I have the same in my rere fav. And I have the 102 bk on the ww2. That's very gentle from you. thanks a lot still Andy. :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.