Keyword

TOPIC:

Holiday buggy 7 years 10 months ago #38864

No clue :( But one flat wirewound resistor looks much like another, especially as RC manufacturers wouldn't have made their own, instead buying them in from other suppliers. It could be anything really, I would guess a more obscure Japanese maker (it has shades of Nichimo & Sptial about it), but I don't recognise it ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Holiday buggy 7 years 10 months ago #38866

:) Thank you Jonny. It will be a good stuff for a vintage rc in the future.

Holiday buggy 7 years 10 months ago #38878

:) ended. That's not a perfection but it is better than my first rebuilt

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Edou, AndyAus

Holiday buggy 7 years 10 months ago #38914

:) Hi guys,
I am looking for 1 front wheele (rim+tyre) used to build a runner with my spares.
If anybody has one, I am interested.
Thanks

Holiday buggy 5 years 5 days ago #54648

Guys, I need to paint a holiday body but I need advices about this strange plastic. It is very soft like a smoby. How can I do?
Attachments:

Holiday buggy 5 years 4 days ago #54649

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Flo, I’m in the same predicament of having to paint a Holiday Buggy shell.
The thing is they were never intended to be painted. So I think you will need a paint that can flex a bit. Especially if you plan to run it.

I think I can help on the front wheel and tyre.
I’ll dig some out and see if they are good enough.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Holiday buggy 5 years 4 days ago #54650

Guys, I need to paint a holiday body but I need advices about this strange plastic. It is very soft like a smoby. How can I do? ...

Yes it's PE (polyethylene). I've had reasonable results (for the shelf, and very light runs around the garden) by scuffing up the body to an even old jeans sort of finish, then using acrylic auto paints. Using adhesion promoter first would probably give a slightly more secure finish.

However - your HB body looks to be in very good order, so I'd be tempted to see if you could remove the last of the existing paint, sand any damage with increasing fine grades of wet & dry paper, then polish back to a factory moulded shine?

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Holiday buggy 5 years 4 days ago #54652

Thank you Jonny. I hope to have a small result because of already glued parts and several run damages. I will see if I can save it.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.