Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question on Ascona / Quattro 12 years 3 months ago #5263

Hi all. I recently purchased an Ascona project. But; it is stamped both in the main chassis and on the gearbox plate with Audi Quattro rally. My guess is that this is not the main chassis for the Opel, but for the Audi? Can anyone verify my suspicions? (In my mind, the Opel should have av chassis stamped with Opel...Am I right?) If that's the case, I have 3 Audis and still no Opel....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Question on Ascona / Quattro 12 years 3 months ago #5264

58036: Audi Quattro Rally
58037: Opel Ascona 400 Rally
58039: Willies Wheeler

Thats probably the reason why the text on the gearbox plate is quattro rally.
It came first ;)

The quattro was the first to have the higher geared Willy M38 transmission, Tamiya used it also on the Opel and Wheeler (my wheeler has quattro on the plate).

Havent looked yet but I guess the Wheeler chassis also reads Willy or something like that, dont think mr T spends his money on making chassis molds just because the car has a different body

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: Question on Ascona / Quattro 12 years 3 months ago #5268

I'd agree - Our injection moulding dies at work are far simpler & come in at 20-30k GBP per tool... I've got an eye out for a radio box lid & grille/valence for my quattro, if you know anyone who might have spares they'd part with...

Re: Question on Ascona / Quattro 12 years 3 months ago #5276

The Ascona and Quattro chassis are identical to one another, so yours is not wrong.
It is typical Tamiya to print the name/number of the first model using the part, but not changing for later models.
For instance, you will find a lot of parts marked "Manta Ray" on the Top Force.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Question on Ascona / Quattro 12 years 3 months ago #5308

Same thoughts here. All the Group Cs have a "58088 C11" marking in the chassis for example. ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Question on Ascona / Quattro 12 years 3 months ago #5313

Thank you, all! Then I don't feel bad about having an Ascona body on this chassis at all. It can't be no other way.. Thanks again, and a happy new year to all!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.