Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Small time collector in norway 13 years 4 weeks ago #697

Hello all! Have been lurking for some time, joined up some weeks ago, and now it is time to introduce myself. But I am no stranger to Tamiyabase, as I used to be a member back in "the good old days", when Lars first started this page. But after the revision I have been out of the system. It is difficult to say when my collecting started, as I never got rid of my old cars from "way back when" (Hotshot and Bruiser) The whole thing started when I wanted to get them operational again, and after that the snowball started to roll again. I prefer the earlier cars, and especially the hard plastic bodied ones. I simply love the threespeed series and currently have the Bruiser (operational), Hilux (operational) and Blazing Blazer(operational). I also have a crush on the Grasshopper, as that was my first car ever. Have quite a few of those, ranging from totally newbuilt from NOS parts, to drivers and customs. Throw in a couple of wrecks in addition, and that is pretty much tha Grasshoppers. Also have a crush on tha SRB's. Only missing tha Super Champ as of today, but have purchased some parts that will go into converting a SS chassis plate. Need a good body though... Have SS, Rough Rider and F150 on the shelf. Another family I seem to favor, is the Hotshot family. Have three Hotshots, Boomerang and Supershot in good condition and ready to go. One unbuilt Supershot(never built), but taken out of box and off trees, so I have not yet total control on all the prts. Might be parts missing. Unfortunately painted pink. On the outside of the body shell..... Porsche 959 has also a place on the shelf, together with holiday buggy, Ascona/Audi Chassis (no body), XR 311, Pajero, FAV, Frog, Brat, Monster Beetle, Lunchbox. In addition Brat, Sonic fighter and Wild Willy 2 NIB on the shelf. For me, the mechanical challenge of getting old, broken parts into operational vehicles again, is the best challenge. I have no shelf queens, but fair conditioned runners, mostly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Big Child.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.