Keyword

TOPIC:

My workshop 9 years 8 months ago #30015

HI!... Looks great. I have a very similar blasting cabinet. Do not use Silica sand!!!!! This causes lung cancer. Get yourself some large Rubbermaid containers and buy some fine and coarse glass bead. Works so much better than sand. The fine glass bead works great on plastic RC car parts. Also get some seam sealer and seal up all the joints inside and out. The cabinets leak like crazy. If that one has a long florescent tube style light inside of it, ditch it. They are not very bright and fail a lot due to the blasting media hitting it. Get a 250 or 500 watt halogen light and mount it to the outside of the cabinet. You will have to cut a hole for it. So much brighter and easier. I also hooked up a 1H.P vacuum system to mine to suck out the dust while blasting Works great. Lexan is expensive. Do yourself a favor and go out and get some window glass tear offs. It`s basically a thing film of clear plastic that protects the window from blasting media glazing it over. Here`s a few pics of my set -up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My workshop 9 years 8 months ago #30017

Very nice setup H.P Freak :y: I definitely like the tip about the light as I had picked up a fluro for it (only $15 bucks I'm sure I can use somewhere else)I do have 1 of those work lights spare so will be bolting it on :) It is seam sealed already but after I've finished setting it up with all the bits and pieces there's no harm I'm going over them all, you've got a serious sucker setup there I plan on using my bagged shop vac and we'll see :huh: It came with 3 window films and 2 big bags of different grit glass beads for free :woohoo:

And here she is sitting on the new stand :P

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

My workshop 9 years 8 months ago #30055

Tonight I fitted the regulator then plumbed up a tested :y: I then absolutely took H.P's advice and riveted a work light to the top and sealed with high temp silicone ( Thanks for that H.P :y: ) it's exactly the light I was looking for :) I still need to pick up some more flexible + longer media tube then it's ready for it's first run :woohoo:

Attachments:

My workshop 9 years 8 months ago #30092

Finished up the little welding cart today by adding the grinder box :) After giving the box a run through the blasting cabinet using glass media which only removes paint and surface rust, I was very happy with the patina look so just cleared over to finish :P Bolted it on to the cart and added a mount bolt at 1 end for the wire wheel and bent up a hook for the other end to hold various disks :y:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My workshop 8 years 11 months ago #34203

Sooo I'm using the cabinet plenty lately and the dust everywhere is becoming ridiculous! Taking HP's lead I made a deal for this :)

Attachments:

My workshop 8 years 10 months ago #34433

It's been a couple of years since I completed my build and with time and adding new tools to the shop I found that the benches along the back wall were taking up space and not being used :o So on the weekend I removed them and reused the materials to build some more useful shelving, splashed some colour on the wall to brighten the place up and there you go Still have plenty of sorting out to do but very happy with the result :)

Attachments:

My workshop 8 years 10 months ago #34434

And finally I scored a display for the shop ;) 55" LCD which only just fitted in the space :blink:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re:My workshop 8 years 10 months ago #34437

Handy for watching YouTube tutorials. ;-)
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Re:My workshop 8 years 10 months ago #34438

Been struggling to get any projects done here lately :blush:

Hopefully this will help :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:My workshop 8 years 10 months ago #34463

And now I have man flu

Last edit: by AndyAus.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.