Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 8 months ago #29871

If you're not familiar with it, Spintires lets you drive a variety of Russian trucks from Land Rover size size right up to 8x8 behemoths, ostensibly picking up & hauling logs, but mainly getting stuck in holes & mud, winching yourself out, fording rivers, falling off makeshift bridges, smashing down small trees, crashing into big trees, toppling over & loosing loads, and my personal favourite so far - wiping out while towing at high speed & crashing down hillsides :D

It's not without flaws, but even with the video nicities turned off due to my low spec graphics card it still looks good, although I do have to run it in a small window most of the time to get a useable speed, maximising only for tricky bits (& taking screenshots).

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 8 months ago #29872

Yip should have plenty of time to fit it in between projects, oh wait no I have to many projects :D
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 8 months ago #29873

:) I'm not fan of video games but I would like to test it. Thanks Jonny :y:

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 8 months ago #29973

Don't need a screen for that, I've got a Hilux...
Does look awesome, I'm fairly sure I'd forget to dress, eat, wash, go to work etc if I got plugged into that!

Is the wagon in 5th pic an old Zil 6x6? - I've real-life off-roaded one of those (7 litre V8 petrol, mmmm!)

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 8 months ago #29975

Is the wagon in 5th pic an old Zil 6x6? - I've real-life off-roaded one of those (7 litre V8 petrol, mmmm!)

Could be, but in-game all the vehicles are referred to by a letter code (A- SWB Landy size, B- RWD Pickup, C- couple of varieties of 6 wheelers, D- couple of varieties of 8 wheelers, E- even bigger 8 wheeler) & then 3 or 4 numbers.

I "finished" this yesterday, but with only 36% of the "achievements" unlocked - this I put down to some of the achievements being very silly or really only achievable by accident.

For example, I was towing a loaded C-class truck through some mud with an E-class when the smaller truck dragged up a big rock on a slight turn & fell over, out of spite I dragged it a couple of hundred metres into a huge, deep puddle, waited until it was 90% drowned, then dragged it out.

For this I got the "Fisherman" award - for "rescuing" a drowning truck, for 2% of my score.

I also got a "Diver" award for driving through water deeper than I thought it was, but by pure chance momentum carried me through - another 2% :whistle:

I may go back & see if I can unlock a bit more - there were a couple related to destruction that look like a worthwhile challenge :y:

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 8 months ago #30033

Tried the first level again with the specific aim of going for 4 awards & upping my score by 8% - "Size Matters" (complete objective by delivering only long logs), "Size Doesn't Matter" (same but with short logs), "Explorer" (find all cloaked areas using the "A" sized truck), and "Rookie Driver" (cause 500 damage point crash) ... I did the first three, and my setup crash was a doozy - hit a parked "C" class truck flat out in 4th gear with a class "D" while towing a "B" - High-larious - BUT NO AWARDS. If it's that broken I'm not sure there's any point trying for any more :(

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 3 months ago #32193

Still playing this now & then, there have been a couple of updates which improved things. I'm now up to 71% complete - I should have taken a screenie @ 69% ;)

The main achievements I have left to get are the Co-op ones, but finding people who'll stick all the way through is problematic, most bug out the first time the get stuck in the mud :(

:)

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 3 months ago #32386

Woohoo - up to 88% now :D

Co-op maps are all complete, on one of them I started early & was lucky enough to get a couple of 'strines in the game, another two with a couple of reliable players, one British, one Dutch (so their English is better than mine ;) ), and the final two by doing all the work myself & then inviting another player to witness me doing the deliveries, so it counts as a "multiplayer" game.

It's not cheating if it takes longer, is it? :whistle:

I think there's still a couple more awards I can get, but I'll never hit 100% - I'm not buying a steering wheel/pedal combo to get another 2% :angry:

Anyone else playing Spintires? 9 years 1 month ago #33253

Got up to 95%, I only could have got more if I'd bought an expensive steering wheel/pedal setup (1 or 2%), and performed a brain swap so I could process 3D correctly so I could use the in-game crane (2 to 3 %) :whistle:

That's not the reason I've finally called it done & uninstalled it though - that was down to the last update. What I felt the game needed was more maps - but what we actually got was the existing maps made harder with trucks swapped out for inferior models, trails removed, logs & big branches scattered in other places, mud made deeper in places, and some areas swapped for less grippy surfaces.

I think I've had my moneys worth, but If I'd just bought it I think I'd feel pretty gypped.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.