Keyword

TOPIC:

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 9 months ago #29543

The only disappointing thing with the build was that the gearbox and diff were preassembled. Even with the rere Bruiser you got to build the box yourself, this box is like Lego compared to the Bruiser B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 8 months ago #29562

Ill be happy when they re release the Optima Pro B)

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 8 months ago #29564

I actually quite like this Scorpion thingy - it reminds me of the first time I saw a "proper" toy car, & how I loved the idea of all the realistic moving suspension parts etc.
I'll go so far as to say I even prefer the look of it over SRB-based stuff.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 8 months ago #29567

I'll go so far as to say I even prefer the look of it over SRB-based stuff.

BLASPHEMY!!!! BURN THE HERETIC!!! :P

No I like the Scorpion too. Always have, but I can't justify a new one :(
A mate of mine threw one (actually a Beetle) in the crusher when he moved a couple of years ago :cry: All that was wrong was it needed a new rear suspension arm.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 8 months ago #29568

:blush: I'm looking for a used set of ultima outlaw wheeles :whistle: :blush: just to end mine

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 8 months ago #29572

That's fine, burn me all you like, I'll be the first to admit I'm no die-hard Tamiya fanatic, my appreciation for their models is in the building. I like to see new methods for doing stuff, & enjoy the hilarity of the dumb lashups that seem to find their way into everything they produce!

I've probably said it before, but I wonder if Tamiya purposely include as many weird & wonderful assembly tricks & over-complication as they can, to maximise the enjoyment of putting something together whilst at the same time teaching you new methods of doing things (...or why you shouldn't do it like that).
If someone told me they were an offshoot of Honda, I don't think I'd be surprised -
Honda, slow but innovative

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 8 months ago #29575

:) Eddrick order a CR01, a truck and a full options tank. And after build them and have a building orgasm :P B) :evil:

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 9 years 8 months ago #29577

I would, there would be stuck pages all round...
Quite enjoyed putting my High-lift together, but now it irritates me just looking at it, there's so much "not right" about them.
I keep threatening to save up & buy a RC4wd Trailfinder to replace it with

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 7 years 11 months ago #37639

I have to tip my hat to Kyosho for a job very well done with all their re-released RC vehicles & selling them at very reasonable prices. :y: B)

I built my Scorpion box art yellow fitted a Novak brushless combo & once it was finished decided I really didn't like it. Pulled it apart, fitted the black chassis & although I got the black rims. Had to put the original rims back on, ordered the black stock Kyosho motor & a Futaba ESC.

The Optima has only recently become available here which has caught me unaware as had I known I'd have saved my pennies for one & right now the hobby fund is low. I can see some selling off of anything not required to help fund one although I might have to see if anyone has a shelf queen they're willing to part with or trade.
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van
Attachments:

Last edit: by rcmadkiwi.

Vintage Scorpion Re-Release 6 years 8 months ago #44698

Got mine this monday, built it yesterday (wednesday). Kitties wondered "badword, this isn't Tamiya!" as they realized there was something different about it.

I always introduce my new cars to 'my people', on my bed.
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.