Keyword

TOPIC:

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 7 months ago #30877

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 7 months ago #30878

Nice one :y:

Body looks unchanged, which is good news for all the vintage chassis without one (or a badly broken/incomplete one). I also see the pattern for the window netting has changed, it has big tabs on the lower edge & is now held on with tape & cable ties instead of wire.

Bad news is I don't see an alternative to the LF battery mounts - although there are two of the rubber well nuts fitted forward of it. These don't appear to serve any real purpose, so I wonder if the gap between them & the cutout on the gearbox is a stick pack long?

edit - speculation about a differential seems to have been unfounded.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 7 months ago #30879

If the battery compartment is too small, I'd just leave out one of the mounts (rear one?) and tighten the pack with a velcro strap.
The chassis plate seems to have a couple of nice slots for that.

:)

Last edit: by Edou.

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 7 months ago #30883

...I wonder if the gap between them & the cutout on the gearbox is a stick pack long?

I think that must be the case. I reckon you leave the LiFe batt holder out and use a velcro strap like Edou said

:blink: I thought the rere Scorcher/Buggy Champ had a diff as standard?? Why not the SC?

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 7 months ago #30885

...I wonder if the gap between them & the cutout on the gearbox is a stick pack long?

I think that must be the case. I reckon you leave the LiFe batt holder out and use a velcro strap like Edou said

:blink: I thought the rere Scorcher/Buggy Champ had a diff as standard?? Why not the SC?

It was a hop up: www.modellbau-s...best=84113

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 7 months ago #30889

I must say I have rather mixed feelings about this re-release. On one hand I love how they make small UPgrades to the technical design, to make it better. On the other hand they use the weak ball links and rods from the BC/SS etc. wich is clearly DOWNgrades from the original design. Even if they didn't recreate the old SC ball links, Tamiya would certainly have some better solutions among their lineup now?

All in all I feel this looks a bit "rushed", and made in a hurry. Feeling the preassure from Kyosho, maybe?

But I'll keep my place in the Stella pre-order list, anyway..... ;-)

Last edit: by TommieG.

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 4 months ago #32261

Anyone been stocking up on the gray/brown bumpers? I saw a certain eBay seller located in Japan (to whom comparisons to Seinfeld's Soup Nazi have been made :whistle:) had them a couple of weeks ago, and Seidel still have them in stock (I bought 3 - two to use, one for spare :) )

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 4 months ago #32262

I bought a couple from the "soup nazi" :whistle:

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 4 months ago #32296

:dry: I have to buy a grey bumper. Mine is broken in 2 half :cry:

Super Champ to return as "Fighting Buggy" 9 years 2 months ago #33283

I got mine today, yet to get it out of box. Just looking at pictures of the rere, couldn't one use the original hump battery, there's people selling those still, the shrink wrap ones I mean.
I had an original s/c when they come out, been a while since then, could someone maybe list the differences between them?
Anyway, I'm off to unpack it and look.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.