Keyword

TOPIC:

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 8 years 11 months ago #34056

:y: :y:

envy. too bad the euro/pound exchange rate sucks at the moment. :unsure: (and still nill at Tamico)

expect some nice pics on the changes they did on the chassis, front damper attachm. battery clip, rear mount.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 8 years 11 months ago #34057

:y: :y:

envy. too bad the euro/pound exchange rate sucks at the moment. :unsure: (and still nill at Tamico)

expect some nice pics on the changes they did on the chassis, front damper attachm. battery clip, rear mount.

Compared to the Wild Willy 2, there's an extra plate (K6, on a new sprue) on the front of the chassis to give the single front body post somewhere to attach to - this means the top damper mounts are effectively moved forward too, so there are spacers between the bottom end of the damper & the lower wishbones.

The E sprue (with the WW2 battery clip) is still there, just with a lot of parts greyed out in the manual. The new battery clip (which I'm guessing is necessary due to lack of space between the chassis & the body rear - the manual showing that the battery clip retainer posts have to have the domed ends cut off tends to confirm this) is part K1 - the new K sprue (2 of them in fact - so a spare clip) also has the new wheel spacers.

Rear body posts have extra, vaguely L-shaped spacers which are fitted the outside of the battery clip posts.

Otherwise, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference on the chassis, although I did notice the default pinion is a 20 toother, as opposed to 18T on the WW2 - which does give a little scope for gearing down for a hotter motor ;) B, C, D, E & F sprues look to be carried through unchanged.

As for the "Wheeler" parts, the A sprue (driver) looses the rollbar, L parts (glass) looks unchanged, F parts (wheels) still have the bearing backplate & a 1983 date on the sprue (though I doubt the original had the plastic type (ABS) specified. Body has all the holes the original had - even if they're not needed any more, like the rollbar/body catch screw points, the kangaroo bumper holes, & the old antenna point - + new ones for the new antenna and rear body mount points. I haven't debagged it to see if the stamping on the inside is different (I would assume it is).

I'm planning on putting this away so I can build it between Christmas & the New Year (I didn't have a new kit last time & missed it), but I probably will do things like make new decals (probably going for the "pink"/#3 variation), filling & painting of the bodywork & the gloss paint on the helmet which don't work so well in colder weather.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

58611 Willy is back, and his little Honda 8 years 11 months ago #34262

The first Wheeler re-re parts are on ebay - stores.ebay.com...id=8173167 ... no tyres but the listings have already been up for several hours :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.