Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re-releases - What's next? 8 years 9 months ago #34806

... the Ascona and Quattro ... basically a stretched WWI chassis under there?...

... What are the differences between the Bruiser, High Lift and vintage Hilux chassis?...

I don't know if anyone's done a side by side comparison, but visually at least the vintage & re-release Bruisers are very similar, most obvious differences are 3-part wheels on the original (1 or re-re), MSC & associated bit (vs ESC) and prebuilt gearbox with 750 motor (vs DIY with 540), mirrors are different & re-re has provision for LEDs, usual issues with the decals ... no doubt a load more too.

High-lifts though ... I've never liked the way they looked so had never even looked in one of their manuals until just now - they look nothing like the vintage & re-re 3-speeds underneath & look to have a lot in common with the 1:14 trucks.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re-releases - What's next? 8 years 5 days ago #37918

I'm completely biased as I'd much rather all of the buggies got given the rere treatment. It seams that's how Tamiya have been thinking when considering what they've already re-released & I think they should redo the Blazing Blazer highlift truck. I know that it'll be quite expensive to buy & not all would be able to afford it. It would be awesome if they could update that model so we can make a Tamiya rock crawler & do plenty of upgrade extras to make it bullet proof for that type of abuse. :evil:
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Re-releases - What's next? 7 years 11 months ago #38121

The Ford F150 Ranger XLT (27) - last of the SRBs not to be re-released, the chassis is obviously there, body would have to be the recent & de-Fordified Blackfoot III body, wheels & tyres from the Brat re-re, generic decals. Interest, number of sales & the value of used examples all seem to be rising....

I have heard rumours of a Blackfoot rere. This and the fact that you are currently building a "fake" Ranger (the final piece of the puzzle), I predict that a Ranger rere will be soon. :whistle:

Re-releases - What's next? 7 years 11 months ago #38131

The Ford F150 Ranger XLT (27) - last of the SRBs not to be re-released, the chassis is obviously there, body would have to be the recent & de-Fordified Blackfoot III body, wheels & tyres from the Brat re-re, generic decals. Interest, number of sales & the value of used examples all seem to be rising....

I have heard rumours of a Blackfoot rere. This and the fact that you are currently building a "fake" Ranger (the final piece of the puzzle), I predict that a Ranger rere will be soon. :whistle:

It sounds like they're putting together a prototype & if this is the next re-release they've been lazy considering what has already been done.
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Re-releases - What's next? 7 years 2 weeks ago #43005

58643... Grashopper II rere! Surprising. Now the Super Hornet!

Not quite on topic but the title matched welll.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re-releases - What's next? 7 years 2 weeks ago #43006

Conrad's selling it for 112 euro apparently, shipping included. :whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re-releases - What's next? 7 years 2 weeks ago #43012

Seidel does it for 90€ :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

Re-releases - What's next? 7 years 2 weeks ago #43018

Nice... but it's just wishful thinking. I'd be more tempted if it were the Super Hornet.
But I doubt that could be found just as cheap (considering oil shocks and all).

Last edit: by Edou.

Re-releases - What's next? 7 years 1 week ago #43069

There's some unlikely ones I'd like to see like a Hot Shot 2, Super Sabre, Sonic Fighter, Vanquish, Madcap or Road Wizard. Realistically, a Falcon would be nice to see or another Thundershot chassis buggy. A Bearhawk re-re wouldn't take much effort either. If anything Tamiya has shown us, anything's possible. At one point I never thought we'd see the Bruiser, Sand Scorcher or Avante brought back.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.