Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36072

• larbut
  • larbut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Owner
  • Owner

I understood why the ads were showing up, nothing against trying to get some running cost back. ;)

Just the way it's implemented shouldn't keep the browser busy indefinitely when it can't connect to the script. That would mean for myself to allow googlesyndication each time I land here - or globally altogether (which I'm really not planning on).

I'll always be getting the generic ads by the way because I've disabled tracking with Google itself as well.

Ok, very good :-)
The implementation of the ads is a pure Google script, nothing special, the same as any other site using Google Adsense I guess.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36108

I like the look of the new site, most of the changes seem to be for the better, even if ways of doing things are a little different :)

I have spotted a few issues though:

Trying to add image files to a post I get an "Attachment file size exceed limit allowed by configuration" error message - initially I tried to post eight 640x 480 pics (as would have been fine on the old forums), I kept reducing the number of images (files were between 157 and 207kB) thinking I might be coming up against a 1mb limit ("Maximum File Size: 0.1 MB Maximum Image File Size: 1 MB") but no ... it looks like the 0.1Mb rule trumps the 1mb rule as a 48kb image was fine.

A couple of other connected issues - an attached file doesn't show up in a post unless you insert it. 2nd, there's no warning that images with errors won't be uploaded when you click submit.

Other issues:

Constant "connecting ..." issue is still there, even with adblock disabled.

Default reply text box size of one line is a pain - yes you can resize it, but I think most posts here are longer than one line :whistle:

Grey text while writing a post is too faint.

The first thing I knew about the upgrade was a site down for maintenance message when i tried to log in, it was several days before I got an email about it; the Facebook page never had a mention of it at all.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36109

• larbut
  • Away
  • Owner
  • Owner

I like the look of the new site, most of the changes seem to be for the better, even if ways of doing things are a little different :)

I have spotted a few issues though:

Trying to add image files to a post I get an "Attachment file size exceed limit allowed by configuration" error message - initially I tried to post eight 640x 480 pics (as would have been fine on the old forums), I kept reducing the number of images (files were between 157 and 207kB) thinking I might be coming up against a 1mb limit ("Maximum File Size: 0.1 MB Maximum Image File Size: 1 MB") but no ... it looks like the 0.1Mb rule trumps the 1mb rule as a 48kb image was fine.

A couple of other connected issues - an attached file doesn't show up in a post unless you insert it. 2nd, there's no warning that images with errors won't be uploaded when you click submit.

Adjusted some settings: test upload:
3072x2304, 2875 KB

Other issues:

Constant "connecting ..." issue is still there, even with adblock disabled.

I'll look into that later.

Default reply text box size of one line is a pain - yes you can resize it, but I think most posts here are longer than one line :whistle:

Agree, cant find the definition for the height, but will work on it.

Agree, will see if I can change that.

The first thing I knew about the upgrade was a site down for maintenance message when i tried to log in, it was several days before I got an email about it; the Facebook page never had a mention of it at all.

:blush: I have not kept the Facebook page updated, I must admit, and emails to you are always a couple of days delayed...

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
Attachments:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36110

• larbut
  • Away
  • Owner
  • Owner

I think I have corrected these two now.
-Lars

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36111

Link worked fine Lars to login,thankyou and thanks Jonny for forwarding my message, just need to work out the photo upload deal!
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36115

Really small grey text in the PM reply box is a bit of a PITA :(

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36116

I also see that the "more statistics" page that was accesible from the forum index page is no longer there - not a critical ommision, but it was interesting to look at occasionally ;)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36117

It is still accessible, just click on the word Statistic :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36118

Doh!

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 years 4 months ago #36122

The new site is nice . Only some reflex to take to use the forumlike older version.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.