Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32393

Hi

I've begun reading the many exellent articles, but that pop-up is highly annoying as it pops up every time I scroll down. No need for that, actually no need for any pop-up. Fancy but useless gadget

I found no way to turn it off in my user section and I'd rather not mess around with script blocekrs etc

Cheers,

Ole

Please Log in to join the conversation.

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32394

I've got to agree with that - it wouldn't be so bad if it pinged up right at the very bottom of the page, but it's not, it's more like 2/3rds of the way down :(

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32395

Yeah, it's actually puttin' me off reading all ya wonderfull articles. Totally not needed, too gadgettry and if you can't navigate around this site without silly help like that you've got no business driving an RC car anyway :dry:

Cheers,

Ole

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32396

What sort of screen are you viewing it on? On a 24" widescreen (desktop PC) then it just pings up well off to the side off the text, but I guess if you're reading on an iPrecious it could be really invasive ...

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32398

24" here too, but resolution is set to 1024 x 768 .. I wouldn't dare check this site on my tablet :side:

I just feel stuff like is sooo unneccesary, but I guess I'm in the minority as I see this cropping on many sites (along with stupid, 'likes'/facebook/etc buttons ad nauseam, filling out the screen instead of actual, you know, content :silly:

/rant over

I really like the layout of site/forum, clean, lowkey colours, high on content, low on fanciness .. 'cept that pop-up

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32401

24" here too, but resolution is set to 1024 x 768 .. I wouldn't dare check this site on my tablet :side:

I just feel stuff like is sooo unneccesary, but I guess I'm in the minority as I see this cropping on many sites (along with stupid, 'likes'/facebook/etc buttons ad nauseam, filling out the screen instead of actual, you know, content :silly:

/rant over

I really like the layout of site/forum, clean, lowkey colours, high on content, low on fanciness .. 'cept that pop-up

24" with 1024x768 (stone-age) resolution :P
Your pixels must be the size of normal bricks :evil:

Seriously; I don't have strong feelings about the "article popup". Users with "decent" :P resolution should not have problems with it.

Anyway, I'll take it away for now because two out of two posters here can live without it.
If someone wants it back, they should let me know here.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32403

That resolution works fine for me, whatever the current fad is ;)

Goes hand in hand with my tubeamps, turntable and 1/2" tapedeck B)

The pop wouldn't be so annoying if it would be possible to close it. But when I do that, another pops up in a couple of seconds. That gets rather obnoxious when it happens 10-15 times while reading the same article

Thanx for listening :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32428

Good to see it gone, annoyed the heck out of me when reading on my phone :)

As you said, if only it would stay gone when you close it, them it wouldn't be so bad.

That "more articles" pop-up thing 9 years 4 months ago #32429

Read every article now :)

They really seperates this place from the riff raff, good work Jonny/Lars :y:

Cheers,

Ole

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.