Keyword

TOPIC:

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31518

Polished up the roll cage and fs plate then finished cleaning the bumper, fitted them altogether using some clamps instead of just cable ties :) I notice that when the cage hoop is fitted I can't have the top bolt in the motor cover? Am I suppose to trim the cover or not have the bolt? the cover does fit snug against the hoop :blink:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31519

Nice and shiny looking car you got there !
Excellent work Andy :y: :y:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31520

... Am I suppose to trim the cover or not have the bolt? ...

You're _supposed_ to use the cable ties, that way the offset :whistle: between the end of the bar and the roll bar doesn't matter ...

I guess whoever measured up for the offending part was one mistake away from getting fired & rather than own up, they called dropping the clamps "cost reduction" and "weight saving" instead :blush:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31521

That will be why the hoop on the rere Fighting Buggy is a different shape.

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31523

Could you seek a mm or so by machining bolt/nut down, it would still 'look right' but clear case.

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31526

Could you seek a mm or so by machining bolt/nut down, it would still 'look right' but clear case.

Nah it wouldn't be enough :dry: The only way would be to trim the plastic case :S and I wont be doing that ;) To be honest the hoop is fitting very snug against the case that I'll just leave well enough alone :)

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31527

You could make a replacement rear bar (it's "just" 4 bends & 3 holes) with a bit more space between the first two bends :)

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31529

You could make a replacement rear bar (it's "just" 4 bends & 3 holes) with a bit more space between the first two bends :)

Absolutely :) I expect it would be a heck of a easier than the XLT roll bar :laugh:

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 6 months ago #31530

Finished assembly of the steering after polishing up the servo mounts and cleaning all the rod components B) I changed out the steering arms with the pressed ball link for another set with threads :) Next I need to clean up the msc and fit the rest of the radio before continuing with the bodywork, but the body can wait till I've spent a little time on the XLT :)

Attachments:

Ford Ranger XLT Custom + Rob Mitchel's Champ 9 years 5 months ago #31944

Made a copy of the chassis to create a top deck for the XLT, shaped and cleaned to test fit :) I'm not sure yet if I'll keep it covering the servo (everything clears) but I do like how fitting over the front mount gives plenty of chassis stiffening :y: added an ESC and that's it for tonight :)

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.