Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TL-01B Rat Rod 8 years 10 months ago #34304

I've always liked the TL-01 chassis, so when I say a Baja King (or Champ, can't remember which) on ebay for a decent price BIN I snapped it up. I'm not that fond of the original body, so wanted to do something different.
Remember this?

The original shell from my first RC car back in 1980ish.
After several attempts at "customising" in my teenage years and botched paintjobs, it was too far gone to rescue, so I did this...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

TL-01B Rat Rod 8 years 10 months ago #34305

I found the chassis was already ballraced, so all it needed was a clean. I treated it to a new set of wheels & tyres and I think it will get a Sport-Tuned motor and cheapy Chinese ESC.

I think I may have over done the "rusting" effect a bit, but it's a first attempt. I can always sand it back a bit.

Plates on the roof are actually reinforcing a crack, but are intended to look like they are badly-welded on bits of steel plate.

Filled windows a la JRs Monster Beetle

Had a nosecone from a Scorcher missing the bottom half, so it was ideal for this. I have lights to fit and intend to put LEDs in them.

I wanted to keep the front as low as possible, so cut out around the suspension.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

TL-01B Rat Rod 8 years 10 months ago #34306

Can anyone guess what the red-powdery "rust" substance is ? :whistle:

TL-01B Rat Rod 8 years 10 months ago #34308

:laugh: that's paprika or red chili pepper

Last edit: by stingray-63.

TL-01B Rat Rod 8 years 10 months ago #34321

:laugh: that's paprika or red chili pepper

:y:

TL-01B Rat Rod 8 years 10 months ago #34326

Yesssssssssss! :laugh:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.