Keyword

TOPIC:

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #38949

I supposed that they are the same ratio as the stock ones right?

Same gear set as you have already, just all plastic. :)

I prefer the aftermarket upgrade over the Tamiya drive shaft myself. But GPM is a bit nicer quality I think.
Not that the Yeah Racing would be a bad buy though.
The Tamiya one that's shown isn't correct though! For a TA02, that part's a bit shorter. You'd need a TA01 version.

www.fortuna-rac...ilber.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #38957

eventually found some time last night and did some work.
I wanted to replace the ball bearing and drain whatever was left in the shocks and refill them with oil.
Of course one thing brought the other last night and after a little more than 2 hours because I misplaced the bearings to eventually find them under the bed( I do have a dog) I only replaced the bearings in the back end.
I found that there was a big play on the T bone axles. when I took it apart I realised there were no O-rings between the T-Bone shafts and the wheel axles and also on the diff side. I fortunately had some of that size in a bigger set of o rings I bought to find an appropriate one for my Turbines starter (see how planes help with cars here? :P )
I also saw that there was barely any grease on the gears. But this car I guess it hasn't seen much run time so there is barely any wear on the gears.
So I redone the CVAs placed all the bearings in the back and will continue with the front this morning. hope to have finished on time to
I also replaced the wheels hex habs with some metal I had laying around brand new in bag. I remember I got them from Hobbyking for a toy car that I was given that looked like a tamiya knock off .. that never lasted much with the brushless setup and so those were never used. Only downside is that they are a little thinner than stock plastic ones and the wheel hex screw over shoots the axles a bit but that's not a problem i suppose

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #38958

:) Nice work on this MR :y:

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #38959

Still waiting for salary installment. was expected on Saturday but it seems that it is pushed as far back in the month. maybe some time this afternoon.
New plastic gears, motor mount, shaft and body are waiting to be purchased. after those the car will be runworthy.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #38974

Placed a big order,
Propeller shaft and alloy motor mount from Fortuna racing and
Plastic gears, grease, diff grease, front and rear yeah racing shock mounts from rc mart.
Just waiting for lipo stick packs to get back in stock and we got ourselves a runner.
Next upgrades are adjustable camber shafts and maybe a better steering servo.
Just thinking if I should go with the acoms fm radio or buy a cheap 2.4ghz

Oh also sting ray has a nice surprise for me and I would like to thank him :)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Edou, stingray-63

Last edit: by pavcon.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #39060

this and the next are weeks of arrivals. started witht he body that Stingray gave me for free. Thanks once again.. much better than the one I already had. I had to do a small mod to mount the wing since I was also missing the plastic mount piece.
so hopefully the thread will be revived.
on other news I ve found some used hi caps and also made a deal on another TA02 chassis complete car.
Hope this has an ending somewhere because I ve got a Turbine Jet to complete also.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #39064

:woohoo: top. Where are the rims from?
My ex entreprise has a logo wichwas a white terra conqueror with these rims. Threy are too nice.
The entreprise is bertrandt :sick: .
And the Ta02 with rallye blocks tires :y: :y: :y: I love it
I am very happy that you are glad for the body

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #39071

The rims look like the top force star discs. they are actually cheap knock offs Ive found at my local hobby shop (there was only 1 set available) and I got them just to keep the original discs safe. I also found a set of hi caps in a non so good condition. I need to get me an ultrasound cleaner to be able to clean some parts. there are really cheap on ebay that might do the job. hopefully untill the end of the week I will have more parts to be able to give her the first run. I also got me a Spektrum DX2E for 30euros including shipping on ebay. I will need a receiver now :P hopefully my LHS will have a DSMR one. or else I will jus order a knock off from hobbyking.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #39072

:y: be carefull with cheap ultrasonic tanks. They are very small. Especially made for glasses.

Manta Ray. Back i nthe hobby after 20 years 7 years 10 months ago #39073

I know they are very small. They will fit one damper disassembled though. Thats all I want.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.