Keyword

TOPIC:

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 2 months ago #36822

:y: It looks very pretty :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 2 months ago #36825

hmm, its probably time I finished this one :)

So while waiting for the last of my vac former parts to arrive I'm started painting the top coats. Not 100% happy with the paint job as its run in two places and I messed up the base coat a little. Still, I don't really have the time to start again, so for now it will have to do. ...

That looks pretty good :y: I've always found white a difficult colour to paint. I can see where you've had some build up (I'd hesitate to call them runs or even sags), but I can see you haven't been heavy handed with the paint as all the details are still sharp. You might find a lot of the build up levels off if you leave it to cure for a couple of weeks.

The apparent variation in colour though - two light sources of different colour temperature?

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 2 months ago #36826

It looks very nice from where I'm sitting :-)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 2 months ago #36829

thanks everyone.

I'm wondering if the paint was too runny when I sprayed it, maybe not mixed enough? It would have been around 27C at night when it was painted (3 goes over a week, at night)

Colour variations are from the different fluoros we have in the garage. Its all been undercoated with Tamiya white base paint and top coated with TS-26, Pure White. And I am considering doing a gloss top coat lacquer. Never done that before, so a little nervous.

I still have to paint the rear wing, wheel rims and from bumper in the same colour, but will need a new can. Its been a while since I've painted car bodies, so will need to practice a bit more I think! Luckily I have lots of projects stashed away B) I suspect that I also didn't apply as much paint along the bottom, as what went on the sides and roof.

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 1 month ago #37053

another minor update, managed to paint the rims and do a test fit. Rims and tyres I managed to get NIB, but paid a pretty penny for them :(

Next step is to paint the rear wing (although I am liking it without it) and the front bumper. Plus work out if the window I have can be restored or do I make new windows from some polycarb.

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, Dasbeermeister, AndyAus

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 1 month ago #37118

Next step is to paint the rear wing (although I am liking it without it)

You know, the first, real Countach came without the rear wing and the wide wheel arches.
Many consider the early model as the best looking.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 1 month ago #37119

I think that the wing was an option. And stock on the lp 500.
PS Lars, what is this Version? It is very rounded and rear wheeles arches are strange :y: :y: :y:

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 1 month ago #37120

Next step is to paint the rear wing (although I am liking it without it)

You know, the first, real Countach came without the rear wing and the wide wheel arches.
Many consider the early model as the best looking.

Is it a Proto?

58005 or 58008 Countach restore 8 years 1 month ago #37121

That would the LP400 I think. I have a 12/th scale model and I think it was one of the early versions. It certainly is a classic look.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.