Keyword

TOPIC:

Boomerang rebuild + The Hotshot rebuild 9 years 2 days ago #33953

Was away for work again but after a siesta when I got home decided to finish up the shocks for this :) Removed all the sprue tabs, refilled them will oil and polished up the springs B) 1 of them is a little chewed up but it's a runner so looks the business ;) Apart from the colour variation between them and the new bits they look good on :y:

Starting to look like something now :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Boomerang rebuild + The Hotshot rebuild 8 years 4 months ago #35945

I think this Beastie has progressed far enough to call it a build :laugh: an original Super Shot that I picked up in a trade :) I have really been treated with this one as it has mostly new parts :woohoo: I have assembled it to here, but I'm painting the driver which will probably halt assembly till Saturday or Sunday :blink: Still I'm looking forward to adding it onto the shelf with the rest of it's family :y:

Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Boomerang rebuild + The Hotshot rebuild 8 years 4 months ago #35946

Looking great mate, good to see you finally got it started

cheers Bullfrog
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot 8 years 4 months ago #35949

One shiny Super Shot!
Looking very nice!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot 8 years 4 months ago #35965

Had a good go at assembling this Beastie in to a roller tonight :woohoo: After I finished painting the driver continued by building the shocks and ended up here :y:

Yes I know they aren't pin spikes but I prefer these and besides all my others have them ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot 8 years 4 months ago #35966

:woohoo: top . I love it

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot 8 years 4 months ago #35967

That is a stunning chassis!
I could get used to Oval Blocks on a Super Shot, but I'm in favour of pin spikes just because they are original ;)

I find building the chassis of any RC model more fun than the completing bodies, I guess I'm impatient... And, that makes the "Shot" series chassis' somewhat inconvenient because I have to stop in the middle of the build and pant the driver torso.
On the other hand, the technical superiority of the Shot chassis' more than compensates for the inconvenience of painting the torso.

I know, proper planning, with painting the torso while you build the chassis, is possible, but somehow I never do that... :P
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot 8 years 4 months ago #35970

Thanks guy's, Yes I seem to be a fan of these chassis now that I have 1x Super Sabre 1x Hotshot II 1x Supershot 2x Boomerang 2x Hotshot :whistle: But like you Lars painting isn't my favorite part :unsure: This probably explains why I have 5 of these still to paint :laugh: (and plenty of others on the shelf :ohmy: )

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot 7 years 8 months ago #39451

Why don't I just add another project to the ongoing list :laugh: When I found out that could get Winger bodies a decals I just had to have a set :blush: This meant finding a suitable chassis as well, now I have that the other pieces are on the way :y:

Boomerang + Hotshot + Super Sabre + Super Shot 6 years 1 month ago #48441

I realised today while looking though the threads, I never showed you the end result for the Winger :ohmy: I added Bigwig front arms and shocks which I thought suited the Winger body better the the Supershot style ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.547 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.