Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sand Rover chassis rebuild 12 years 2 months ago #6255

Started a rebuild of some odds and ends I had lying, in addtion to parts I purchased from Lars some days ago. Chassis was in good condition, except from the rear part, where someone has used resin for some reason.. It will mostly be under the engine mount, so I won't fiddle with it too much. Had some NOS-parts lying around, as if waiting for this project. Think it will be a nice chassis when finished. ran out of screws today...

The purchase from Lars:

The parts that are going into this build:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Sand Rover chassis rebuild 12 years 2 months ago #6256

Always mixed feelings when you open the NOS parts packs... It's only NOS once..

The front wheels were bought in a local hobby shop as late as 6/7 years ago. Been lying around, waiting for this build. Also found a speed controller and some other parts at a different hobby shop some years later.

Attachments:

Re: Sand Rover chassis rebuild 12 years 2 months ago #6257

The chassis is really simple, so it really doesn't take long to put together. If you have all the parts. I didn't, so it must sit for a while, while I wait for my recently ordered screws. I also need a body of sorts, so it will be an ongoing build for some time. Boxart is the goal for this one

Added the wheels, just to see what it would look like. Hm... it seems I could use some NOS rear wheels also.

Attachments:

Re: Sand Rover chassis rebuild 12 years 2 months ago #6304

I love the Sand Rover, wish I could get one in South Africa... :blink:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.