Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 3 months ago #32540

Had a quick tinker with this today. It needed a diff outdrive yoke, but I found that they are exactly the same as those on my TRX-3 and I had a spare, so on it went. I just need to change the battery connector and it will be a runner (hopefully).
I also noticed that the rear track was much wider than the front, and the rear wheels had more offset. Also, there was virtually no steering lock because the front wheels were fouling on the suspension. So, I swapped the F+R wheels and hey presto! the track is the same and it will steer.

Looking at it more closely, I am really pleased. It is in great condition (apart from the shell) with only a few scratches on the bottom. It has phenominal suspension travel and the dampers are lovely and smooth. I am sure it will handle more power than the 20T Traxxas brushed motor that is in there, so I am tempted by a mild brushless system when finances permit, and maybe even experimenting with LiPos.

I'm also tinkering with the idea of putting my Blackfoot body on it for that scale Tamiya look with unburstable Traxxas mechanics.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 3 months ago #32711

Took this out for a quick spin yesterday and can confirm that it is a right giggle :laugh:
It has hilarious amounts of body roll, squat and dive because of the soft suspension, but keeps all the wheels on the ground. Definitely needs more power :evil:
I've also been thinking about the shell. The standard shell is knackered and it is also very narrow, so it makes the proportions look ever more cartoonish than they really should.
I quite fancy a hard body on it, but don't want to spend a lot of money (or any if possible :whistle: ). I do have a ropey Blackfoot shell that could do the job. The wheelbase is slightly too short, but on the Monster truck chassis, it looks OK. The BF body is also slightly wider than the 'Pede one which helps the looks.
Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 3 months ago #32714

I doubt that putting a hard body on there is going to help the body roll / stability :ohmy:
How about a 1/8 gravedigger shell B)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 2 months ago #33194

Took the 'Pede to an IconicRC meet over the weekend and was very impressed how it went round the track.

In the words of Monster Truck Madness "Leeeeeean into it!"
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 2 months ago #33201

Excellent b pic mate :)

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 1 month ago #33404

Picked up a Blackfoot body a few days ago. Complete with grille and intact front corners for a tenner (£10) - bargain!

Introducing Traxxfoot (Fakefoot? Blackpede?)!

Anyone got a windsreen?
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 1 month ago #33405

Picked up a Blackfoot body a few days ago. Complete with grille and intact front corners for a tenner (£10) - bargain!

Introducing Traxxfoot (Fakefoot? Blackpede?)!

Anyone got a windsreen?

BLACKFOOT - TRAXXAS :)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 6 days ago #34103

Running at Snetterton RC track this weekend. It's now running a HPI 15T brushed motor. I was keeping up with stuff on tarmac that I really shouldn't have been :laugh:
The cornering stance looks dramatic, but all the wheels stay on the ground.
Most fun RC I have got :woohoo:
Attachments:

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 6 days ago #34104

Powerrrrr!!!!
Attachments:

1994 Traxxas Stampede 9 years 5 days ago #34107

:woohoo: awesome picts Martin :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.