Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Redcat Backdraft 8E 9 years 3 months ago #32608

HI!... This is a Redcat Backdraft 8E I have as a runner. Very good car for a basher. Very tough, extremely fast on 4S. It's been sitting on a shelf in my RC shop for about 3 years now. It had a bit of a run in with a 1:1 car and obviously lost. :whistle:

So I decided I wanted a good basher again. Haven't really driven any of my cars in about 1.5 years. I found a stash of new parts for this car plus I just ordered $125 in more new parts off Ebay. All with free shipping! :evil: I had previously built custom aluminum side shields and center diff brace. Those are still good. Just have to "tin knock" them a bit. This is where my years of 'WAY' cover rebuilding will come in handy. :laugh:

Anyway going to order a clear body and do a custom paint job. Also going to go with a different BL motor and 150AMP ESC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Redcat Backdraft 8E 9 years 3 months ago #32612

:pinch: Meh :P The damage looks pretty superficial, should buff right out :laugh:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

Redcat Backdraft 8E 9 years 2 months ago #32706

HI!... Well parts are all here. Just have to pop across the border to the US to get them on Saturday. I decided to De-anodize all the blue parts to go back to bare aluminum. I haven't decided yet but I might polish them, or just leave them like that. I think I'm going to custom build some aluminum battery holders. I already have some custom ones in there but I would like to run the new ZIPPY 40C 8000mAh lipo 2S batteries but they are too wide for the current ones I have. Should give great run times. I found a new set of wheel/tires in the shop that I had already prepped with the anti-ballooning mod. So they should last a bit. I'll post some pics later on. Time for bed. :)

Redcat Backdraft 8E 9 years 2 months ago #32727

Redcat Backdraft 8E 9 years 2 months ago #33077

Redcat Backdraft 8E 9 years 2 months ago #33093

HI!... Well I got a bit of work done on the Backdraft 8E today. All the blue anodized parts have been de-anodized. I got about 70% of the rolling chassis built. Then I realized I missed a few parts when I put the large parts order in a few weeks ago. Still need to get a pinion gear for the rear diff and some steering linkage. Here's a few pics so far.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Redcat Backdraft 8E 9 years 1 month ago #33327

HI!... Well some more parts came in for the Backdraft 8E today. Just got to get some time to put it all back together now.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.