Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kyosho/Trinity/A&L Ultima Pro(ish) project 8 years 9 months ago #34537

This Ultima has been bugging me for some time now, not really knowing what to make of it. I'm kind of tired of restoring cars back to original state, and I had lots of fun building my custom Tomahawk (The Mohawk) and the Joel Johnson Ultima replica.

This Ultima has a Ultima Pro chassis, it has Kyosho Platinum shocks, and is just about complete.

So I decided to build a Ultima Pro(ish) buggy, with some vital upgrades from A&L, Trinity, and some custom carbon parts that I will have Fibre-Lyte make.

Here is what it will look like from the outside. Nothing special, but the special will be on the inside.

I have a brand new Trinity/Composite Craft carbon chassis, as well as the Trinity/Composite Craft carbon shock towers. I also have a set of replicas of those towers, that really are replicas of the JG Mfg fibreglass shock towers, that really are replicas of the Trinitys..... or was it the other way around?? Who knows? Patents and copyrights doesn't seem to have counted for much, back then ;-)
In the pic is also a adjustable rear toe-in system from Robinson Racing, that will feature on this build.

From A&L I will use their Lethal Weapon belt drive transmission.

I will also use a A&L steering assembly (here seen on a RC10).

The A&L stuff uses the lame imperial screws, so the car will unfortunately have a mix of metric and imperial screws.... not really ideal. I'm also debating whether to use the Trinity chassis, or the Ultima Pro chassis. The transmission requires additional holes to be drilled, something I'm not really sure I'm ready to do on the brand new Trinity chassis.....

This car will, like the Mohawk, have a brushed motor/ESC setup, and Ni-Mh saddle-pack batteries.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TommieG.

Kyosho/Trinity/A&L Ultima Pro(ish) build 8 years 9 months ago #34538

I have sketched up some parts in CAD, that will be sent to Fibre-Lyte for manufacturing.

Front plate

Rear plate

and a couple of battery holders

I will first print them on paper, glue them to some cardboard, and cut them out to check for fitment.

Don't expect updates any time soon, as I'm almost ready to go on holiday :evil:
Attachments:

Last edit: by TommieG.

Kyosho/Trinity/A&L Ultima Pro(ish) build 8 years 9 months ago #34539

very interesting. Have you got info on this ultima pro? I had the outlaw version and your tuning spares are interesting too. sure the belt transmission is surprising :y:

Kyosho/Trinity/A&L Ultima Pro(ish) build 3 years 7 months ago #61680

Do you know of a cad drawing (or close !!) of this chassis. Wanted to try and build a JJ replica 👍

Thanks, Jeremy

Kyosho/Trinity/A&L Ultima Pro(ish) project 3 years 6 months ago #61697

I remember those parts from my RCCA subscription days (88-05' ish).

Love those types of custom builds.
What program did you use to draw the templates?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.