Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 8 months ago #30036

Nice taste Jonny, that shape is my favourite one too. Unfortunately, nice ones fetch around £25k, so I won't be owning one any time soon!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 7 months ago #30631

I dug the Blackfoot I started the thread with, dismantled my bitza Beetle & made the best/most original (apart from that pink servo saver, obviously) Blackfoot chassis I could out of the bits - I may still change my mind about the shocks though & fit CVAs... I didn't do too much to the wheels in the end, I just gave the outer edges a light skim with the Unimat.

I gave the body a very light rubbing down with used 1000 grit paper & hit it with the Novus plastic polish set. Now I've used up the last of the BMW Sapphire Black I need to make a mental note not to buy it again - in its finished state it doesn't look at all spangly, just a bit orange peely - which it really isn't.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 7 months ago #30679

Details painted & body assembled ... I don;t like it side on, but from most other angles it looks ok:

The original Blackfoot body has "CUSTOM" and "F150" on the side, which is a bit odd as according to the decals & manual it's the RANGER trim level; the SRB based F150 Ranger XLT also has CUSTOM on the side, where it should say (are you getting the hang of this? ;) ) RANGER XLT.

Because I've used a Blackfoot III shell here which has the potentially infringing bits removed, but the decal sheet has a blank area for cutting to fit, there's an opportunity (or requirement, suit yourselves) to correct it. Nothing too involved, just black printed on clear, then stuck on foil tape, then stuck on the back of the decal. Not quite as good as moulded in, but a much easier "fix" :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 7 months ago #30681

Decals on with soapy water + hairdrier to fit over the curvy bits ... posed with my KBF too. Also decided to put a Starsky & Hutch stripe on the hairdryer :whistle:

I think that's another project finished :y:

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, Dam, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 7 months ago #30682

• Dam
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Looks cracker Jonny :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 7 months ago #30683

Great result Jonny!

Do you mind if I take these pictures and use them in the Model DataBase?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 7 months ago #30684

Great result Jonny!

Do you mind if I take these pictures and use them in the Model DataBase?

It's got the wrong grille & body on it :( It should have F O R D on the leading edge of the bonnet (hood) & a more cattle grid looking grille; the original bits went on the RV. Compare & contrast:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32233

Another one to add to the list - this is a Unimog, but a 1976 on model 424, which to me is a _proper_unimog, unlike the curvier 1960's body type (406) Tamiya do in 1:10 lexan and 1:32 styrene.

This one is a Britains 1:32 diecast (copyrighted 1975 :blink: ), has a slightly bent chassis, and is missing 1/2 the towbar linkage, spare wheel & whatever should have been on the back (a small pickup bed IIRC) that I got for potential scaling purposes, but it was cheap :)

I think this trumps the Morris Quad, but even so is somewhere down my list ... I haven't even touched the March 782 yet :pinch:

I've been looking at this again - and I fancy doing more than the Quad tractor or DC-3 ...

My Pajero MTW has been used for less than 30 minutes in 6 years so I think it makes sense to use it as a donor (& get a long driveshaft) rather than buy a new kit...

Plan found on t'internet ...

This is a bad (or good) example of "Small" vs "Far away". The distant one is strictly 1:10, but looked far too big on the chassis. The more complete one is 90% high and long & 80% wide & looks a lot better to me.

I'm thinking a tank of some description on the back, but that's a long way off :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32243

Are you planning on extending the chassis (or have you already?) to fit the plan drawing of the Unimog?

Excellent mock-up cab, btw. :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32249

Are you planning on extending the chassis (or have you already?) to fit the plan drawing of the Unimog?

Excellent mock-up cab, btw. :y:

I'm not a big fan of chassis in general, they're just something to hold the bodywork off the ground IMO so I won't be making many (if any) modifications to it ... that said it'll need something to fill the void where there should still be chassis - I'm thinking some sort of structure (in styrene) attached to the load bed.

:)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.