Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32250

Tanks or toolboxes B)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32251

TBH I'm thinking more on the lines of continuing what's there, just something to paint black & hot have an obvious hole

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32252

The mini tanker from Spin Tires is something along the lines I'm thinking of for the load, just image a more compact, 4 wheel version of this, with a angular Unimog cab & a bit less space wasted :)

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32254

maybe a rear overhang pump system :P

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32260

Hmmmmm ... but an exposed rear end says "look at my lovely oval fuel tank that's built from scratch, not a pipe" ;) :D

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32488

It seems to have taken me a long time to get to this point, not helped by making one side the wrong size, FUBARing another one trying to heat & bend it, in the end I just used the Tamiya scriber on the inside & folded it.

Lot's of layers of details to go ... the windows look wrong ATM, but they still have some fake rubber seals to go on.

Attachments:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32524

Found lots more reference pictures, the original (higher res.) version of the orange one has been very useful, cutaway original is not much better so is of little to no use - but it might help with the seats...

Bit of reinforcing on the inside:

First layer of details on the side, also note the hole in the existing box ...

Roof skin snafu - glue collected in a void where I didn't squash the two parts together properly, 1/2 an hour later the fumes had done this:

Peeled the offending panel off, I'll leave this overnight to harden off properly, then sand back & try again.

Could still do a bit of work on the front/grille/bonnet though:

The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32535

:) very nice. I always would like to know how you do to make so parallels grilles... And what Tools you use. :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32537

:) very nice. I always would like to know how you do to make so parallels grilles... And what Tools you use. :y:

It's daja vu all over again ...

:unsure: Jonny I would like to make some accessories for my Rcs and I would like to know what materials you use to make your accessories.

It's all here in this thread, nothing is hidden, a black art or secret ... but if I had to make a list:

Materials:
- A4 Styrene sheet: 3mm, 1.5mm, 1mm, 0.25mm
- 1mm lexan sheet
- Round styrene tube: 20mm, 10mm, 8mm, 6mm, 5mm, 4mm, 2mm
- Round styrene bar: 3mm, 2mm
- Round aluminium bar: 10mm, 8mm, 6mm
- Aluminium sheet: 3mm, 2mm, 1.5mm, 1mm, 0.5mm
- anodised/annealed aluminium wire (look for 1mm, 2mm & 3mm "bonsai" wire)
- M2, M3, M4 screws, M2, M3 studding, paperclips, sewing pins
- Wet & dry paper: all the grades but I's say 80, 240, 400 & 1000 are most useful
- Tamiya X & XF acrylic paints + thinners, cocktail sticks for stirring, saved pots for mixing quantities of custom colours, bulk 2ml syringes, takeaway tub lids for mixing small amounts & washes
- "Squadron" brand white putty
- Humbrol "Precision Poly" glue, Dichloromethane (as "plastic weld"), superglue
masking tapes: cheap stuff, + Tamiya 6mm & 10mm for precision work

Tools:
- lots of small brushes
- pencils & electric sharpener
- cheap digital vernier gauge
- lots of steel rulers: 450mm, 300mm & 150mm
- small engineers square
- cheap craft knives
- A3 & A4 cutting mats
- M2, M3 & M4 taps & dies
- desktop lathe
- Razor saws
- cordless drill, small drill bits
- Dremel type tool & small bits, cutting discs, sanding drums
- Needle files
- clothes pegs (for clamping)

... that's quite a list, some of it I'd say is quite "advanced", but you can go quite a long way with 3mm & 1.5mm Styrene sheet, suitable glue & putty/filler, a few grades of wet & dry paper, a paints & brushes, a ruler, craft knife & A4 cutting mat - I doubt I used any more than that on the crates, ammo boxes, toolchests & so on at the beginning of this thread

... and specifically for the grille:
- find or draw diagram of grille, resize & print
- Pritt stick to thin styrene sheet
- very carefully cut apertures with craft knife & steel ruler, don't make any mistakes
- remove paper & glue grille to another bit of styrene.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 9 years 4 months ago #32538

... and for the side louvers:
- find/draw image of louver, print 2 copies & glue (Pritt) to styrene sheet
- use one of those to cut hole in styrene sheet, glue that to second bit of styrene
- cut fine strips of styrene
- cut those to length & glue in "hole" from 2nd step
- use 2nd copy from step 1 to cut out surround & glue on.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.