Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 months ago #36517

crazy Jonny :y: :y: :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 2 months ago #36748

Progress isn't exactly rapid, but I'm still moving forward on this ...

Quilted engine cover rear:

Turning a nozzle for a fire extinguisher ...

... body itself has to be cut down for the high floor - I still need to make a handle/actuating lever too:

Working on a jerry can (modelled after the Wild Willy one):

It seemed a shame to have to cut one down so much, so I made two:

Crude loadspace heater:

I had to make the dashboard far narrower than scale to fit Willy's gloves & boots:

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, yogi-bear, Edou

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 2 months ago #36752

:y: Nice details.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 2 months ago #36827

Finished the interior work now - very basic door cards:

I found a source for hex formed styrene - the 2mm is pretty good, but the 1mm is lacking sharpness to such an extent it might as well be round. Despatch time was a joke, as was their combined postage - 1 item, 1.50, fair enough. Add the second item (weighing 5g), 2.99.

Building the steering column:

Pedals are a complete guess :whistle:

... as is the hump in the cab...

... which has to be fitted last, through a hole in the floor.

I aslo had to remake the rear hump/engine cover to match the smaller dimensions.

Still plodding on with making plans & writing articles ...

Now on hold, waiting for some brass to make a basic roof rack for it ... it's the 4th/5th working day since I ordered & it hasn't even been despatched yet. Disappointing when a supplier goes from next day/ 2 day service to slow & uncommunicative :(
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 2 months ago #36918

Working on roof rack:

The bits I made recently only cover half the rack, a fake load is a much quicker way of filling the rest...

... cotton "tarpaulin" sealed with resin will reduce the painting time ;)

The last time I "made" scale ropes I had to colour white cord - fast forward a handful of years and you can get it in seemingly any shade ...

More bungees from shock cord & paper clips:

All done, bar the painting :)

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Edou, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 1 month ago #37363

Still not really into spraying weather yet, so a very minor update ... this is as far as I've got with my caravan so far :whistle:

That is to say, not very far at all, just building a King Hauler front axle "kit" found on eBay with a pair of Sand Scorcher front wheels.

Some weeks ago I bought a "GoolRC" motor from China on eBay, superficially looking the same as the Etronix "Sport Tuned" range but for half the price, in person they're a lot more cheaply made - even from just running it on the bench it obvious they're best avoided.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 4 weeks ago #37459

Made some decent progress on this, especially yesterday ...

Chassis rails are 3 layers of 3mm sheet, mostly made from 10mm wide strips:

Chassis bits all glued together, with the caravan floor fitted:

Tow hitch made up from axle kit leftovers:

One of the side panels in progress:

Both fitted, with hinged/latched door with window:

Stringers made & fitted - now I "just" have to fit the roof (complicated by wanting an opeing rear hatch), make wheel spats, fit out the kitchenette, make a jockey wheel arrangement, gas bottles, tow board etc ... and paint, curtains, matress, pillows ...

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 4 weeks ago #37467

That teardrop trailer is looking good, already :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 weeks ago #37474

A bit more progress :)

Working on the roof skin:

Roof completely on:

Looks better with a bit of guttering IMO:

Working on the rear hatch:

Hatch completed, refitted ... but will need some sort of handle/latch at some point:

Kitch space boxed in, even with keeping the equipment list really basic (fridge, two burner hob, closed cupboards) this will need extensive fitting out. Note ribs at 90 degrees on hatch underside.

This is as is stands at the moment ...

... I'll separate the halves so I can skin over the internal ribs here, for ease of painting if nothing else :whistle:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 8 years 3 weeks ago #37481

Where do you find those tiny hinges?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.