Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38083

:woohoo: stainless looks so beautifull :y:
Pure 50's

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38089

:woohoo: stainless looks so beautifull :y:
Pure 50's

Hmmm ... I was going for late 1920s/early 1930s aluminium cladding (with late 1970s soft furnishings)...

:)

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38092

Your work is always beautifull. How to have a so nice and shiny chrome/ staineless steele effect. :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38118

More primed bits in from the shed:

Laplander body needs a few gaps filling at the front (rear similar):

Laplander rear seats & woodwork for both the Laplander & the caravan have had base coats of XF-52 Flat Earth and XF-60 Dark Yellow sprayed on:

Inside of body + rear floor sprayed with X-6 Orange are far too bright, so I've mixed up fresh batches of a darker orange to try & tone things down a bit & will re-spray later (2x 10ml pots with excess clear drawn off = 13ml X-6 Orange, 0.4ml X-7 Red, 0.4ml XF-9 Hull Red, 14ml X-20A Thinner):

Wheels are looking good though (grey primer & Hycote matt black aerosol ... I'm really not convinced it's any different from their satin black):

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38166

A lot happier with the darker orange :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38264

Miserable weather here means I've got the caravan back together sooner than I expected, I'm hoping I can finesse the fit of the rear hatch a little, and the number plate has already got knocked off so will need screwing on ...

I've given it a tiny bit of weathering - a wash of hull red on joints on the chassis, + a wash of NATO black on the body joints ...

Galley is pretty much as seen before but with a wood effect - dry brushed brown, grey & yellow, wash with dark yellow, one coat of clear yellow:

Bedding & blinds:

Sleeping area (other side of galley space) proved to be impossible through the door apertures, I had to use a weeny camera & the timer function ...

This went pretty well, now I'm wondering about a 15 panel end Airstream ... :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38265

:huh: terrible :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38367

That trailer is one of your best jobs, Jonny. I like it a lot :y: :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 10 months ago #38409

4 coats of matt dark orange (three batches of 8ml X-6 Orange (straight from jar), 0.3ml XF-7 Flat Red, 0.3ml XF-9 Hull Red, 5ml X-21 Flat Base & 5ml X-20A Thinner) ... colour reproduction in the photo is quite accurate on the side, way out on the roof even though it's the same colour all over :whistle:

Note also the blotchiness of the colour - I had hoped to have a more even base to start with, but I'm not going to chase it any further. Next step will be to mix up a half batch of the dark orange & mix it 50:50 with Flat White & have a go at a sun bleached look ..

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 10 months ago #38421

its been awhile since I've checked this thread. That caravan is awesome!
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.379 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.