Keyword

TOPIC:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38423

Painting continues to go quite well with airbrushing of 50:50 dark orange mix to flat white, another going over with 25:75 dark orange/white, and a little bit of straight flat white to (hopefully) give a bleached look ... Interior floor it just there for comparison.

Stripe is masking, two coats of flat clear, then six of flat white, I'm going to attempt to soften the edges & generally "age" it by careful sanding :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, stingray-63, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38452

I haven't got much further with the interior TBH ...

... However, the exterior is nearly there. I still need to make & fit number plates, possibly make some sort of transfer for the spare wheel, find my black wheel nuts & add rust/scrape effects to the side steps.

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, Edou, AndyAus

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38453

That looks awesome.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38466

Tiptop. But the Volvo logo looks too shiny. The used patin is awesome.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38531

I spent some time drawing the instruments, unsurprisingly they're almost invisible now they're installed...

Front & rear floors painted & ready to go in:

Installed & LED wiring tidied up:

Views through the windoes (note blacked out centres of Volvo lettering & flat clear over):

I still have to make the number plates, but I'm waiting on precut styrene letters to arrived so i can make a pressed looking pair :)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, Edou, AndyAus

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38541

Details are so awesome.... :y:

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38567

Finished off the electrics, healights have a nice old fashioned slight yellow tinge, taillights aren't as bright as the photo suggests...

With a 7.2v NiMH pack it tips the scales as 3.3kg

Things are a bit too close with the caravan - options are to make a much longer towbar & lift the spare at least 25mm off centre - or strap the spare to the roof.

Starting on the number plates:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38574

Yeahhhh. Beautifull and light. Only 3,3 kg Respect.

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38651

Had a go with a Tamiya "Weathering Master" set A - I quite like the look of the "mud" (bottom of front door) up its own, but using the "sand" and "light sand" as a base doesn't really suit the orange paint so I may well darken the wheelarches up in future ...

Lifted the spare wheel cover around 20mm & used a longer drawbar (Grasshopper front strut) on the caravan:

Number plates finished:

That spare wheel cover still looks a bit too plain to me, I have been trying to find the details of a late 1970s early 80s Swedish Volvo dealer but in the end used www.fakenamegen...-sw-sw.php to create some random hurdy-gurdy instead :whistle:

I also wanted some graphics reminiscent of the original Wild Willy spare wheel cover art, I found a suitable photo & strained my lack of artistic talent to the very limits to come up with a black & white version ...

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

CC-01s: RV, Unimog, Bedford TM, Valp, Ford CMP, Series 3 Land Rover, SD Revopak 7 years 11 months ago #38652

For the spare wheele, you maybe coud use a marui CJ7 one?!...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.