Keyword

TOPIC:

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 5 months ago #31940

:) all tractors with a" pompe à merde" ( it is the official name given by farmers) were with this look :P
This is a real amazing scale reproduction :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #31995

Starting on the detail bits, 4 sizes/thicknesses of pipe fittings, collector & lid are multiple layers of styrene turned down, pipes are Evergreen brand tube, cold bent with the annealed aluminium wire formers left in ...

Still need some more 35 thou round rod to finish the side mounted hose, find some small bore hose for the compressor on the front end, and make some light lenses, but otherwise all the details are there :)

Also note the much shorter (1:10 touring car) springs ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, AndyAus

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #31996

:woohoo: amazing Jonny

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #31998

Wow! really excellent work JR :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #31999

Just a thought for a tow hitch :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32002

You're really going nut on the details here! Nice work!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32109

12 (dropping to 10) Celcius & 75% humidity is not ideal spraying weather, but yesterday was the best it's been for a week.

The yellow Lunchbox rear wheels had a bit too much recent superglue on them to be practical so got swapped out with the beige ones on my actual Lunchbox & those got a quick blow over with "Aluminium Coat" ( :huh: ).

Pipe is just grey primer, tank & chassis (lower spring seat is SO not straight :blush: ) got two coats of red primer followed by two goings over back to back of Post Office Van red.

The finish is a bit on the satin side, but I put that down to technique (rather than bloom) - if I was going for super shiny I would have flatted the primer back & put clear on over the red, then rubbed/polished that back. As it is it's good enough for a farm vehicle that I still have to detail paint & that I'm hoping to apply some heavy weathering to (or "poo up", if you prefer ;) ).

Attachments:

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32134

Brought the tanker in from the cold, condensation pattern shows the hidden structure:

Basic detail painting & assembly. It's tempting to really dirty it up, but I think I'll just put on a few little scuffs & do a couple of light washes ... well maybe a couple of poo spills too ;)

The trailer isn't strictly scale, but taking the dimensions of the largest ABS sheet I could easily get has worked well IMO - it "should" be taller & about half as long again, but I think it looks proportionate. Overall length of tractor & trailer is 90cm (nearly 3')

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, TommieG, AndyAus

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32138

I love it!
Great work!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

1979 Fiat Trattori 880 DT Pininfarina build 9 years 4 months ago #32139

:woohoo: Too nice Jonny.
Now Your name is Jonny Farmer ;) :y: :y: :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.