Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Another roll bar for Ford XLT 9 years 5 months ago #31634

I got hold of an original roll bar for my upcoming Ford Ranger XLT project.
For some reasons all the Tamiya original roll bar for the Ford XLT had been chop off at the bottom just below the mounting hole. So I decided to make one myself to the correct proper length. I bought a tube bending tool and I did some drawings to figure out the measurement, radius and angle of the bend. The first two was to figure out the angle. Altogether I have made three roll bars. As you can see the bottoms still have not been trimmed to correct length yet.

The following user(s) Liked this: TommieG, AndyAus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by yellowcat.

Another roll bar for Ford XLT 9 years 5 months ago #31641

Darnit - another tool I have to buy!
The following user(s) Liked this: TommieG, stingray-63, AndyAus

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Another roll bar for Ford XLT 9 years 5 months ago #31648

Those rollbars look great!

If you don't have the "body mount B", I believe it's the same as the rear body mounts for the Hilux/Blazer. They still have a few of those here:

www.ebay.com/it...2593d276c2

Would you consider making me a Ranger rollbar, while you're at it? I have just about given up on finding the original piece.... And your rollbars look nice. Even if I bought the tools, I couldn't make one myself. Much to ingenious for my skills :S So I'd rather buy it from someone who knows what he's doing....

Do you have something in mind about the "flat spot" where the body mount goes?

Tom

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.