Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Casspir 7 years 8 months ago #40035

That motor has a LOT of details! :ohmy: :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Casspir 7 years 8 months ago #40046

There's more detail to come ;) Had some time this afternoon so I added the injector pipes.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Casspir 7 years 8 months ago #40051

Now there's some fiddly stuff :blink: How did you get those nice radius's, Is the material soft enough just to bend over a round form?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Michael

Casspir 7 years 8 months ago #40054

Now there's some fiddly stuff :blink: How did you get those nice radius's, Is the material soft enough just to bend over a round form?

Pretty easily actually. Used a pair of needle-nose pliers and bent them around that. It's 1mm copper wire, so relatively soft and pliable. Was more difficult with the 2mm copper wire I used for the oil feed.

Casspir 7 years 7 months ago #40324

Got frustrated waiting for my order to clear UK customs, so started work on a scratch-built Bedford RL body. And that of course prompted the delivery pixies to release my package from HMRC's pleasure, so it arrived. This box contains a donor Tamiya Hilux High Lift kit, and a GMade front steering kit.

Pretty stuck into the Bedford at the moment, so the Casspir will start when I have time to build the kit.

Last edit: by Michael.

Casspir 7 years 7 months ago #40347

Started on the gearbox this afternoon. Straightforward as you'd expect - just getting worried about my guesses at scale for the the engine. Will see when I have the body shaped out...

Casspir 7 years 7 months ago #40350

If that's the gearbox :ohmy:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.