Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Porsche no1 - did it have a white battery box? 6 years 2 months ago #48288

Hi all,
Just wondering if I could tap into know knowledge on here on this question. Lars, you may be ideal to answer this one as I read an article, well skimmed it where you indicated that some of the very early releases had the white battery boxes as pictured.

Has anyone a photo of such items fitted or NIB, I would be very interested.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Porsche no1 - did it have a white battery box? 6 years 2 months ago #48289

Attachments:

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

Porsche no1 - did it have a white battery box? 6 years 2 months ago #48291

I have seen white battery boxes for sale, but I have never had one myself.
This kind of battery box was also used on the 935 and the Tyrrell, and I believe it will fit the Countach chassis as well.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Porsche no1 - did it have a white battery box? 6 years 2 months ago #48292

Thanks Lars, yes its definitely used on the 05 Countach.

I have never seen white one from standard on the Countach's and definitely do not believe they were ever released with the white version.

My question really is, was it standard in the release on the 934 from new. I say this as I have some and I wanted to confirm they came with the kit originally. I cannot find any evidence they were in a boxed 934 but maybe someone could confirm or deny?

Porsche no1 - did it have a white battery box? 6 years 2 months ago #48293

Thanks Lars, yes its definitely used on the 05 Countach.

I have never seen white one from standard on the Countach's and definitely do not believe they were ever released with the white version.

My question really is, was it standard in the release on the 934 from new. I say this as I have some and I wanted to confirm they came with the kit originally. I cannot find any evidence they were in a boxed 934 but maybe someone could confirm or deny?

Would you consider selling one Rob?
Or have you a black one that would be for sale?
I’m hoping I might need one as you know :)

Porsche no1 - did it have a white battery box? 6 years 2 months ago #48294

The answer is yes I will have a pair for sale, white with red ribbons. They are new.

However, if you're lucky enough you wont need them anyway. That one didn't come with them as presumably everything moved to 6v with 5 cells instead of 4.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Purple_rob.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.