Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Servo Centering - constantly resetting 5 years 11 months ago #49710

Hi all, thanks for accepting me!

I've recently picked up a Re-release midnight pumpkin. I got it along with a hi-tec hs-311 steering servo. I disconnect the rods and arm/horn from the servo, turn power on, let the servo center. Turn left then right. Let it center. Turn it off. Reconnect horn and rods then turn back on. All seems to be ok but then it all goes off center after a few turns. If I lift the car and turn, it will sound like clicking or slipping coming from the servo. I'm pretty confident I'm using the correct parts. The servo is 24 tooth spline. One thing I have noticed is the screw in the center of the spline to secure the arm/horn doesn't seem to tighten up to a stop. Should that be tight? Like, so it won't turn no more or as close as.

Or do I just need to invest in a better servo!?

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Servo Centering - constantly resetting 5 years 11 months ago #49711

Yes the bolt should be tightned all the way in.

I see the spec for your servo is a little weak.
Futaba 3003 or 3004 (same servo, latter has ball bearings)
Futaba is 25 splines, that most brands use today.

Had the same issue on a heavy off road vehicle, in my case the splines on the servohorn had gone.
Uppgrade to servo with metal gears if you can, it will save you in the long run :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Chrizh

Servo Centering - constantly resetting 5 years 11 months ago #49719

The horn is not good. Like said caprinut. Tamiya didn't make horns for hitec servos.
I had the same problem with many servos.
I have several hitec radios and servos sleep in the horns. You should buy a standard futaba s3003 o similar brand.
They are not too expensive. And for this type of rc, a standard servo is enough.
PS, welcome on tamiyabase.
The following user(s) Liked this: Chrizh

Re:Servo Centering - constantly resetting 5 years 11 months ago #49720

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll head to the local RC shop in the morning :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.