Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49758

Acoms AP-2402 stick controller 2.4g stops responding after about 15m?
Any advice is welcome. I originally had Acoms 27mhz AM radio gear which worked perfectly. But recently I bought a 2nd hand 2.4g acoms as I thought 2.4g was better. But the new 2.4g works great until my savage goes about 15m then stops responding (throttle) I've checked internally the aerials on both rx/tx are connected properly, new batteries tried re-binding. But nothing works. Possibly my futaba servo is not compatible? as I've read certain servos don't work with certain receivers? but why would it work up close but not at a distance?
Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ourglass2000.

Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49759

I cannot speak about the compatability between futaba and the radio brand.

May I suggest unplugging the futaba servo from the receiver and trying a throttle only range test on the car? Set it on something, walk far away, and see of the throttle responds.

Then try just the steering servo plugged into the receiver without the speed controller.

My point is, see if you can isolate what is causing the loss of signal before ripping this and ripping that out.
Only change one thing at a time per 'test'.

**A second thought is...is there a fail safe setting on that 2.4 set up? Did you get the instruction manual with the radio?

Last edit: by grandall400. Reason: spelling error

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49761

Show a picture where we can see the receiver antenna.

Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49762

Thank you Grandall400 for your reply. Yes good idea on trying servos separately. I shall try that. Yes the acoms ap2402 does has failsafe and have set it accordingly to the manual that I have studied in desperation :-).

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49763

Thanks waterbok, I shall take a picture of the antenna tomorrow as I'm in bed Now, as I may have the antenna setup wrong who knows but I tried my best and it is positioned in a plastic tube where the old 27mhz antenna went, just a bit shorter as the cable antenna is only 20cm long.

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49764

Photo of antenna as requested. Is it positioned ok?
Attachments:

Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49765

I have a savage myself, two infact (4.1 X)

Had the same problem as you, fitted my 2.4 LRP system from a known working car, and it all went cracy when you starting the vehicle.
I suspect the nitro engine makes frequency noise that interfer with the 2.4 system.

I swapped back to the old 27mHz, and it's all good now.

Swap back to the old system, and keep it that way if it works ;)

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49766

Photo of antenna as requested. Is it positioned ok?

Perfect placement imo, no comment there, assume the antenna aint damaged?

Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49767

I suspect the nitro engine makes frequency noise that interfer with the 2.4 system.

sound plausible, but wouldnt go back to 27mhz

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49768

I can't disagree with any of the comments below...although 2.4 was designed in part to eliminate the harmonics issues of 75 or 27mhz.
Caprinut has real world experience with this situation, so I defer to his expertise!

I will add that heat and receivers don't mix well either.
The receiver appears to be near to the exhaust?

Might be worth taking the 2.4 system out and doing a range check on it not being in the car.
Since the system was used, any gremlin is possible.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.