Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49770

Receiver on these cars lives under a big lid a seen here, so heat won't be the issue..

The following user(s) Liked this: grandall400

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49774

Great advice from all, thank you. I am thinking just putting old 27mhz system back as it worked perfectly. I just liked the idea of 2.4g meant of having a longer range and better servo adjustment.

I cant see any breaks in my antenna lead, although I did bend the end over the top of the plastic tube in the black tip to keep it in place. I shall run all the tests advised. Although I would of thought 2.4g would be designed to work alongside nitro engines.

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49775

Yes caprinut, all the electronics are enclosed in that case. mmm

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49783

If you mean bent the antenna wire over the tube to hold it in place, I have been told not to do that.
The "exposed" part of the 2.4 receiver wire is the most critical of the system.
I should know "why", but can't think of it at the moment.

Might try straightening the antenna in the tube and range testing before taking it out of the car.

Attachments:

Re:Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49807

thanks Grandall, yes I shall try straightening the antenna wire with no cap. But as you can see from this picture of the receiver the same as mine it has no exposed end.
Attachments:

Last edit: by ourglass2000.

Acoms Ap-2402 2.4g has no range 5 years 11 months ago #49817

The only thing I can add is to re-orient the RX and/or re-route the wiring so the antenna doesn't go anywhere near the servo wires. As you bought 2nd and (so no warranty) I'd also be tempted to open the case & check the antenna is properly connected to the PCB, ditto for the TX.

But before that, re-bind the RX to the TX - no reason it should work, but it's quick/easy/non-invasive.

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.