Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tyre treatment 5 years 10 months ago #50579

Has anyone had any experience of doing the glycerine treatment to tyres that have been glued to the rims, is it ok to submerge rims with tyres on? Will it affect the rims and also the glue (superglue I’m assuming applied by the PO)
TIA Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tyre treatment 5 years 10 months ago #50582

My experience it depends on the rubber used how much effect the glycerine has.
I also used peanut-oil thats also almost odorless and worked nice on my monster hilux tires. Rims shouldn’t have any effect , glue with some luck it even comes off.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Tyre treatment 5 years 10 months ago #50583

Agree with waterbok. You can eat Glycerine/Glycerol if you like (it's sweet tasting) so it's not toxic or anything.
I have recently given a set of Wild Willy tires the Glycerine treatment. I will get some pictures to show you how that turned out.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Tyre treatment 5 years 10 months ago #50591

Here is a couple of comparison shots of WW1 tires before and after 1 week in Glycerine and then drying for some days.
The tires were first cleaned for the white residue without too much effort.

The two with the treatment are the darkest ones, upper right and lower left.

The tires had many small hairline cracks in the surface, and they are still there after treatment. Basically it's the darker black that is the result. Time will tell if they stay black or turn grey again.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut.

Tyre treatment 5 years 10 months ago #50593

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Nice result Lars.

Tyre treatment 5 years 10 months ago #50595

I think that on my blazing blazer tires were treated with glycerin. And they are still black and soft.

Tyre treatment 5 years 10 months ago #50605

Fantastic results Lars, a massive improvement, my grB wheels n tyres and my 959 wheels and tyres are off to drown in glycerine for a few weeks now definitely
Many thanks for the input gentlemen :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.