Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Supershot 58054 4 years 8 months ago #56085

• Girox
  • Girox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hello people. The car is in mint conditions but I’m missing the remote crystal. I know it has to be somewhere but can’t find it maybe never will due to many house moves. So question. I’ve tried putting in other crystals from another model but it just goes static, goes crazy. What can I do? I want to keep it vintage and get it back on track. Ps. It’s the steering servo that goes nuts, I’ve tried to replace it with another which I know works but it does the same. That’s why maybe I think it needs it original crystals. Even tho the ones I put in are tamiya
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Girox. Reason: Sorry. Forgot an important detail

Vintage Supershot 58054 4 years 8 months ago #56086

Welcome on board B) :)

It looks like you have a 27mhz transmitter crystal & a 40mhz one in the reciever - you need a matched pair (one marked TX, one RX) of the same frequency & band. Example if your radio gear is 27mhz:

Vintage Supershot 58054 4 years 8 months ago #56088

• Girox
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hey thanks. I do have a rx in the receiver and tx in the transmitter. That’s why I don’t get it. Thanks for the link on eBay. Might as well try them.

Matt Girox

Vintage Supershot 58054 4 years 8 months ago #56089

• Girox
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Yes the transmitter is a 27mhz. It’s all original from the day. Let’s see I’ll follow your advice and I’m grateful.
Thanks Jonny

Vintage Supershot 58054 4 years 8 months ago #56090

Hey thanks. I do have a rx in the receiver and tx in the transmitter. That’s why I don’t get it. Thanks for the link on eBay. Might as well try them.

Matt Girox

Yes, but the one in the reciever in the photo says 53 on it, which makes me think it's a 40mhz crystal :)

Vintage Supershot 58054 4 years 8 months ago #56091

• Girox
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
The crystals are from another car. Don’t ask! I got them from one of those standard Tamiya cars which I don’t know the code number to. I just hope that the crystals I ordered are the right ones. Otherwise. It’s ok. I’ll perceiver
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.