Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57258

I am new to RC cars and this is the first part that I have needed to source! My Grandkids managed to smash my Manta Ray into the side of my Madcap and break the 3 pin ceramic resistor Part No: 17265011 or 7265011 and break one of the plastic mounting posts off. I can glue the post back on but I will need a replacement resistor. Can someone advise me where I can get a replacement? I am in the UK.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57261

You can find a basic but efficient esc for cheaper. Look at wish or aliexpress. And esc are better than the classic msc.

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57262

You can find a basic but efficient esc for cheaper. Look at wish or aliexpress. And esc are better than the classic msc.

If I went over to ESC control does it still operate with my vintage 27MHZ controllers as I only own vintage equipment?

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57263

Yesss my madcap has an esc with a period acoms mk5 techniplus.
Your 27mhz radio should have a bec system. No matter. ;)

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57264

Thanks that's great but can you explain to me (a novice!) what a bec system is?

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57265

Yes the bec system is battery eliminator system . I think.... it avoids the use of a receptor alimentation clip. The main aq is used for the motor and receptor.
That should be easier if you could post a picture of your madcap ;)

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57270

Here you go:
Attachments:

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57271

Nice! You can put an esc easily.
You have the same radio setup as mine.
You can have one for less than 10€.

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57275

If you want to stick with a Tamiya unit I'd recommend the TBLE-02S which you should be able to find for around 15 GBP, or the Mtroniks AutoSport Tuned 20 for a few more quid, but has the advantage of being (mostly) waterproof.

:)

If you want to go for a replacement resistor, I doubt if any suitable new ones are available ... I'm sure you could find a new, old stock complete Mechanical Speed Controller - but for more than a basic Tamiya ESC would cost :blink: A 2nd hand one may be difficult to buy on its own, I (along with most people I guess) threw away loads of them as the percieved value was practically zero :(

Further thoughts ... 2.4 Ghz radio sets are great for kids as there's no long antenna to bend (my youngest neice broke 4 in 20 minutes once :cry:)
... Don't let kids near your toys, get them something slow for themselves where they can learn throttle control ... New Grasshopper kits (with a tiddly 380 motor) are really cheap at the moment, like 60 GBP posted. Another alternative is a higher turn (higher torque, but much lower speed) motor, a 45T or 50T motor will slow things right down, 35T will take the edge off without being too tedious.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: missed unit

Madcap Parts Sourcing Help Needed 4 years 4 months ago #57277

Thanks for all your advice everyone I will digest and decide on the way ahead.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 1.050 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.