Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2nd hole in gearbox alu plates ORV chassis (Brat etc.)? 4 years 4 months ago #57583

Hi fellow Tamiya enthusiasts,
Having collected quite a few Tamiya vintage models, particularly with the ORV chassis, I never came across one that uses the 2nd hole in the alu gearbox plates (the first one being used for the battery cover pin).

Why is it there?
Is there any model that uses this 2nd hole?
What for?

Thanks guys, I appreciate your insights.

Cheers
MetalMaxx
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2nd hole in gearbox alu plates ORV chassis (Brat etc.)? 4 years 4 months ago #57585

• awk
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
I think this may be the answer

www.tamiyaclub....0&id=20032

2nd hole in gearbox alu plates ORV chassis (Brat etc.)? 4 years 4 months ago #57587

Hey awk, thanks so much. Lowspot however points out in the comment section "the batterymount was a common self made hop up from the spring parts of the front axle - the white pieces are part of the front axle damper mechanism"

I understand from that, that one just used this 2nd hole for s home made battery mount hop up, but that does not necessarily mean that Tamiya planned it like that?

What do you think?

2nd hole in gearbox alu plates ORV chassis (Brat etc.)? 4 years 4 months ago #57588

• awk
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
I think lowspots Brat ist a pre production sample, the battery door is also different. Imho Tamiya changed the battery door and the locking system before the SOP to the well known pin solution.

Last edit: by awk.

2nd hole in gearbox alu plates ORV chassis (Brat etc.)? 4 years 4 months ago #57591

IDK if that preproduction battery door would have been backwardly compatible with a cased hump pack, possibly that was the reason for the change.

The pin "solution" guarantees future business due to it getting lost ;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.