Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sqaudron Products Green & White Putties New Formulation: Avoid :S 4 years 3 months ago #57751

I've used and recommended Squaron Products White Putty (and to a lesser extent their Green version) for a long time, but no more :(

Back in October I bought a tube in the "new" livery but only got round to starting it yesterday, and found it contained c.95% carrier/solvent (so very much like traditional polystyrene kit glue) and only c.5% actual filler material. It came out of the tube like a stripy toothpaste, but with the solvent as the toothpaste & the filler as the stripe.

Having made a bit of space in the tube, I tried to knead what was left, thinking it might have just settled out, but the result was a cloudy glue only suitable for going straight in the bin. From reading varous comment & reviews about the "Green" version this wasn't merely an unlucky batch, it's an actual new reformulation :sick:

Score: -6 out of 6: not merely not very good, but actively detrimental to anything you might try to do with it.

I'm not looking at other options, Revell "Plasto" was quite good, but wetter and stinkier than I'd like for my uses. Tamiya putties don't seem to be available in the UK at the moment (possibly bought up by other ex-Sqaudron customers? :whistle:) so I've ordered some of the "Basic" variety from Taiwan & the "White" from Ireland. I've also ordered some Vallejo brand putty from the UK.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sqaudron Products Green & White Putties New Formulation: Avoid :S 4 years 3 months ago #57784

Good to know sir :y:

I had no problem ordering white Tamiya putty here in Norway.
Pickeded up a parcel in the post office this afternoon, and inside it there is a tube of Tamiya white putty :)

This xmas I plan on building a new styrene bed for my Hot Rod project.
I have grey Tamiya putty in my stash, but for some reason I have problem in the past to cover the grey putty with paint or primer.
And they grey putty is also a bit crumbly ish, hope the white is a bit smoother/easier to work with.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.