Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flaky Paint 4 years 2 months ago #57999

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi,

About 2 weeks ago I sprayed the body of my new build Neo Scorcher and it has been sitting on a shelf ever since. Today I took it for its maiden run but after about an hour bashing it around woodland the paint had almost completely flaked away leaving sizable transparent patches, including the on the wing. This is the first time I've ever experienced something of this nature. I prepared the body as recommended and used Tamiya sprays.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Flaky Paint 4 years 2 months ago #58000

Definitely PS paint rather than TS?

Flaky Paint 4 years 2 months ago #58001

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi Jonny,

I can't give a definite answer to that question because I don't recall and the can has been thrown away. Admittedly, I've been dealing with some considerable health issues recently and my concentration hasn't been particularly focused so it's very possible I've made a mistake. My only defence is that I bought everything from the same shop and the package was put together by them.

Flaky Paint 4 years 2 months ago #58003

Just make sure the paint are PS labeled next time :)

But you can remove your paint and still reuse the body with a new respray.
Tamiya body cleaner or Carson Paintkiller is two types that are most used.

Brake fluid or nitro fuel can also be used, but some are lucky, some are not.
Mainly the body becomes brittle or cloudy, or sometimes both.
So the first two mentioned is the best way to do it.

Sorry to hear about your healt issues.
I'm not been good myself either.
Ended staying home alone all xmas and new year, not fun at all.
The following user(s) Liked this: Sam

Flaky Paint 4 years 2 months ago #58008

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thank you Caprinut. I'm not sure I'll have to use any solvent to remove the paint as it is quite literally falling off. Never experienced anything like it before.

I'm also very sorry to read about your health problems and spending the festive period alone. I hope your circumstances have improved.

Flaky Paint 4 years 2 months ago #58012

Thank you Caprinut. I'm not sure I'll have to use any solvent to remove the paint as it is quite literally falling off. Never experienced anything like it before.

I'm also very sorry to read about your health problems and spending the festive period alone. I hope your circumstances have improved.

If it just scapes of with you finger nails, you will be ready for a respray in no time :y:

Sadly my ME ( myalgic encephalomyelitis) makes me ill for long periods of time.
Most days I have no energy to do anything, other days maybe a couple of hours in total such as shopping and a few hours at the hobbyroom.
And the real bummer is if I have a good day, I will surely be sick the next day, days or weeks after (called PEM-Post-exertional malaise) which is the main sympthoms of my illness.
Had it for 10 years now, and it seems to get worse as years go by.

I have not be able to do anything beside shopping a couple of days during the week, oil change last Saturday which was a task itself and 2 hours in the hobbyroom today.
Just hope this year is gonna be better than the last, which was really bad (was dizzy and nauseous from mid Feb to mid August as an example).

I'm still in a bad period now, so mostly stuck at home.

Richard

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.