Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59792

Have just built TT02 Mustang GT4 kit. It comes with TBLE-02s ESC and Torque Tuned Motor. My problem is I can’t get it to work. I don’t have a 4xAA Battery pack connected to receiver as I don’t have one. but from all I have read you don’t need one as the power to receiver comes from the ESC servo wire into channel 2. It also states this in the instructions. All that happens when turned on is steering servo moves on its own. But nothing moves from the controller.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59793

You need to program your esc.
As long as the steering works, the radio system works.

You just have to tell the esc where full speed, full reverse and neutral is.

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59794

Please remove my bad post :)

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59795

Hi thanks I have tried to do this. But it goes wrong at point 6 on set up. So I release set up button on Red light but it’s sent flash red it flashes green ??
Attachments:

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59796

From your picture it looks like one of your plugs is in backwards.

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59797

Hi which plug is in backwards ??

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59799

If you mean the servo type wire from ESC in channel 2 I thought that to. As the steering servo plug from left to right is white red back. Whereas the servo wire from ESC from left to right is black red white. Trouble is the plugs are kinda shaped to go in a certain way I.e they have corners Cut of on plug. However I’m sure I could turn plug upside down to make the wires the same sequence as steering servo wire but I was wary about causing damage. I was told that all I have to do is switch the channel switch from N to R.

Hope this makes sense

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59800

Plugging one of them in backwards will not reverse the servo (or ESC), it will just make it not work. You can reverse motor wires to reverse the direction of the motor though. They both need to be plugged in with ground (black) on the same side.
The following user(s) Liked this: Banton77

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59802

Hi m8. You are a legend. I’ve been thinking it was wrong since I first built the kit up. But was scared to change in case of shorting something out

Many thanks

Tamiya TBLE-02S to Acoms Techniplus MKIV 3 years 10 months ago #59803

The good news is that plugging in a servo connector backwards usually doesn't hurt anything. Because the positive (red) wire is in the middle, it is in the same place even if you install it backwards. It just won't have a ground so it won't work. On the other hand, never reverse the polarity of the battery coming into the ESC. It can quite literally burst into flames.

To summarize the impacts of plugging things in backwards:
  • Receiver plugs: No negative impact. Won't work.
  • Motor wires: Will reverse direction of motor.
  • Battery: Fire hazard. :laugh:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.