Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help with TA06 Pro Diff!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61910

A bit baffled here.... So I am starting a TA06 Pro kit and I am to fill the diff with Tamiya Diff fluid but they gave me clear Damper fluid. Is this the same stuff? I also got the yellow Damper fluid in the bag with the shocks, nothing out of the ordinary there. Either they forgot to give me the right stuff or gave me more Damper fluid by accident or is this correct.

Any help would be appreciated...........................Can anyone tell I am mostly a Vintage Tamiya Guy??? :laugh:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help with TA06 Pro Diff!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61911

Not sure but I think that the clear damper fluid is for the diff. But really unsure. A little too recent for me.

Help with TA06 Pro Diff!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61912

Same here, thats what I get for trying something from this century! LOL

So I verified that you get some fluid in the kit that is 900 weight and the clear Damper fluid is 900 weight so I just used it.

Nothing blew up or caught on fire so I am good.............I think!! Thanks for chiming in Flo.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Help with TA06 Pro Diff!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61913

Yes, you are supposed to use the clear damper fluid in the diff. There is nothing fundamentally different about diff and damper fluid. Diff just tends to use higher viscosity.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Help with TA06 Pro Diff!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61919

Makes sense. thanks Blakbird.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.