Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67422

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as the Tamiya 45069 TBLE-04S with Tamiya 45063 TFU-01 ESC Cooling Fan Unit?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67423

It certainly seems to be the same.  All the specs are identical.

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67424

Thanks for reply. 
The part I got confused about was the S was down to a 25 turn Brushed Motor and the SR was 23. I'm guessing the difference because of the fan.
These ESC would be ideal for the Super Stock Motors being 23t.

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67430

Sadly, the only way to know for sure it to try it.  My experience with the -02s is that it can't handle the Super Stock motors.  I would get a thermal shutdown almost immediately.  From what I can tell, the stats of the -04s aren't any different than the -02s, it just has more features.  I'm sure the fan would be helpful, but in my experience the shutdown was so fast that there is no way the heat sink had even heated up yet.  The heat buildup was directly on the FET chip.  Hobbywing 1060 seems to work great for these motors.  If you are looking for more speed, using the -02s or -04s with a sensored brushless motor works great.  I have gone down to 10.5T with a fan on a touring car with no problems.  An off road buggy would develop more heat and you would probably need a somewhat higher turn motor.

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67431

Thanks. Your recommendation for a SuperStock 23t would be a HoppyWing 1060?

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67432

Thanks. Your recommendation for a SuperStock 23t would be a HoppyWing 1060?

That's what I use.  Inexpensive and reliable.

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67433

👍

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67435

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Tamiya TBLE controllers.  I think they are very full featured and useful.  I know there are haters out there that think Tamiya ESC's are junk, but I don't feel that way.  They have been very reliable for me as long as they are used in the intended application.  For stock silver cans down to Sport Tuned they are great.  Also great for brushless in the 10.5T and up range.  I use a brushless 25.5T in one of my CC-01s and I love the smooth crawl speed with a TBLE-02s.  But when you get into lower turn motors the standard Tamiya controllers are just not rated for it.  They have a TBLE-03s (not stock with any kits) that works for lower turns, but it is quite expensive.  For brushed motors down to about 14T, I think the Hobbywing 1060 is the best option on the market.  For even lower turns (Iike the Acto-Power 2WD) it gets harder to find a modern brushed controller that will handle the current.

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67436

Great information, thanks.😎

I wonder if those new TBLE-04SR 23t Brushed are any good for SuperStock 23t  and that's why Tamiya made them?
Safest bet I think is to go aftermarket with Hobbywing than pay £65 for an 04SR.
I have read in the past that some Hobbywing 1060 had cut out problems, although it does appear to be the fakes selling on eBay! 🤔

Last edit: by Tamiya1973. Reason: Spelling

Is the new Tamiya 45070 TBLE-04SR Brushless ESC (sensored) same as.............? 2 years 9 months ago #67453

It s possible for the HW 1060 to cut out with a Super Stock if you are driving it really hard.  This is not a thermal cutoff, it is a low voltage cutoff.  Basically there is a momentary voltage drop when you hit the throttle hard and it can dip below the Li-Po cutoff threshold.  One thing you can do to help is add a capacitor to help keep the voltage up.  What I do is just put the ESC in NiMH mode (disable the low voltage cutoff).  I never run my batteries until they are low anyway, and this prevents the ESC going into limp mode.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.