Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

F350 drivers side servo mount 2 years 1 month ago #70806

Searched the web trying to find a part that connects the steering servo to the rear, but for the driver's side of the chassis. It's an L shape designed to go over the leaf spring bracket. I want to add a separate servo foe the rear steer on the opposite side. Does this part exist or am I wasting my time searching. Thanks in advance.
Destroyer of rc's!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

F350 drivers side servo mount 2 years 3 weeks ago #70841

I don't think such a thing exists.  The four wheel steering option on the Highlift chassis uses the same servo for front and rear.  To enable rear steering, you just add another rod from the servo to the rear axle.  There is no option for a servo on the left side.  The left side has the battery access hatch.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Notorious_J

F350 drivers side servo mount 2 years 3 weeks ago #70849

And the rod is in the kit 
The following user(s) Liked this: Notorious_J

F350 drivers side servo mount 2 years 3 weeks ago #70858

The simplest way is to mount the rear servo on axle, that get rid of sloppy linkages.
As long as there is room under the bed that is.
We did just that on HL and TLT axles a decade and half ago on our crawlers.

Second solution is to go for servo mounted in the chassis above the axle.
You can fab up something or use servo mounts from the 1:14 semi trucks as they use the same 59mm spacing between frames if my mermory serves me right.
On my current 6x6 build I have just used some regular Tamiya servo stays bolted directly the the chassis side with a small spacer beteen.
That is the easy solutiion.
Making it look good is something else.

On my Project SWAT I used HL axles and I simply fitted the servo to a plate that was bolted to the chassis and secured the servo with some regular servo stays used on TLT and many other Tamiya kits.
Up front I used 4 links instead of leafs. Should be simpler with leafs fitted as the axle will not move sideways.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Notorious_J

Last edit: by caprinut.

F350 drivers side servo mount 2 years 3 weeks ago #70860

Thanks for the info. I've been reading up a bit more on the subject, and found an axle mount that has been used by many. I found one company that still has a kit on hand and I might just grab it to have a go. I definitely am not a fan of the full time 4ws that the kit comes with, but would like to have it built in as an option down the road. Appreciate you taking the time to offer some options. 
Destroyer of rc's!
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

F350 drivers side servo mount 2 years 3 weeks ago #70861

Got it. Probably going with an axle mount in the future.
Destroyer of rc's!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.