• Page:

TOPIC:

Original Hotshot oil viscosity 1 year 5 months ago #72993

• roberts
  • roberts's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hi all,
I just got started on a Hotshot restoration project and just finished completely disassembling the car and getting the parts cleaned.

Now that I'm getting ready to re-assemble the car I was wondering what oil viscosity would've been in the original kit... I searched around the net and around here as well but couldn't find an answer.

Any ideas?

-Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Original Hotshot oil viscosity 1 year 5 months ago #72994

From memory Tamiya supplied everything BITD with their "yellow" oil. This is subsequently known as "soft", which has a kinematic viscosity of 400 cSt (centistokes), if you wanted to go off brand. 

if you're hoping to use a bottle of old motorbike fork oil from the shed, that's SAE 30W to 35W ;)

:D 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Original Hotshot oil viscosity 1 year 5 months ago #72995

• roberts
  • roberts's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hah, you just reminded me how much I miss my Aprilia on sunny days...I definitely have some leftovers of the common kit yellow oil that is being provided with the kits nowadays. I wasn't sure whether it was the same then... the reddish stuff that was left in the dampers was unidentifiable.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.