Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TT-01 vs. TT-02 1 year 14 hours ago #74738

Anybody ever wondered about this? It seems that Tamiya is constantly experimenting with designs of chassis. Looking at the various on-road cars these days available in the shops, most of them use the TT-02 chassi and one or two use the TT-01E. But always these two chassis although similar chassis such as TB-01 and TB-02 exist. Are there any other chassis similar to the TB and TT? And what does the TB / TT stand for?

Ofcourse I also notice that TB-01 came already in 1999, the TB-02 in 2004. The TT-01 release in 2003 (Type-E in 2008), and the TT-02 in 2013. So Tamiya developed the TT-01 along side the TB-02. All chassis have a standard wheelbase of 257 mm, except the TB-02 which has 259 mm. Also the TB chassis seem to be slightly more expensive as they include oil shocks and adjustable wheel angles. Also Tamiya like to alternate the motor posistion between right side, and left side. Why?

So to the point now, which is the better chassi? Why don't I see the TB-01 or 02 in any shops? Only the TT chassis, with a few available "hop-ups" to, in practice, match them closer to the TB chassis.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TT-01 vs. TT-02 1 year 14 hours ago #74739

They did that with ta01 and ta02. Same wheelebase and gearboxes. I had and still have tt01 tt02 and tb02.  Really no exciting chassis for the tt ones. A little more for the tb02 because of the cva shocks and more rallye typed chassis. For the on road chassis, I prefer ta04 and ta05 . More competitive ones than the ta03 . Tt01 02 are cheaper chassis. Very basic.
The following user(s) Liked this: uncletom, Lemsko

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74777

Thanks Sting. I understand. Well then that's good if the TT-01 and 02 are cheaper they're more available to everybody. And afterwards people can decide the level of upgrading for durability and performance.

I found an interesting clip on youtube about the matter:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74871

Wow! Look what I found tonight!

Tamiya On-Road chassis: TT platform - Tamiya RC Classics and Moderns by Black Hole Sun - Page 10

TB-.. means "Touring-B" and "TT-.." means "Touring Trainer" (for beginners) , and "TT-01E" where the "E" means "Enhanced".
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by uncletom.

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74873

Black hole sun is a french guy very interesting and informed about tamiya. 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74874

Oui!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74875

Been going to his Tamiya site for years. One of my favorites, love the info and the way it is laid out.

There is another dedicated to the first 100 and the Mountaineer that is very good also....
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74877

Yes. There's a lot of interesting stuff.

But " the first 100 and the Mountaineer" .. you have a link please?

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74878

There's been so much variation and evolution in the touring car chassis over the years.  The TA line has always been AWD and started out fairly simple but settled on belt drive with the TA-03 and has been that way ever since.  The "standard" versions of the TA were used for kits that came with bodies, but there were also many PRO, R, S, MS, and TRF deluxe editions which were chassis only.  After the TA-06, none of the TA line came with bodies and this became a high end belt drive chassis line.  Above that sits the TRF-4XX line which are all belt drive, AWD, carbon fiber chassis.  The TB line is also AWD but has always been shaft drive.  The history is somewhat similar to the TA line with standard kit versions and various deluxe versions until TB-05 at which point the line became chassis only.  Where this line differs is that instead of having the top tier TRF line above it, instead there are the TB Evolution chassis.  These are all shaft drive, deluxe carbon chassis.  Compared to the TA and TB line, the TT line is a low end, low cost, beginner chassis.  The TT models coexisted with kit versions of the other chassis for quite a while, and there used to even be multiple versions of many models.  For example, you could get the LaFerrari on the TB-04 chassis (58580, 27800¥) or the TT-02 chassis (58582, 12800¥) and this was the case for a lot of bodies.  There was a low cost version and a high cost version.  For the last decade or so though, Tamiya has released touring bodies almost exclusively on the TT chassis line and TA, TB, TRF, and EVO line have become chassis only.

I suppose the M-chassis cars are also touring cars, but that is a whole different topic.

Interesting how many versions of touring car chassis are still in production right now.
Attachments:

TT-01 vs. TT-02 11 months 3 weeks ago #74879

I think that the TT serie replaced the TL01.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.