Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 11 years 8 months ago #11678

Just to add some content here, this is a link to an image of two Acoms servos.
The one on the left came with the AP-227 MK I set (note the square spindle) and the one on the right came with the AP-227 MK II set (splined spindle).

I have now discovered that the non-working Tx is a AP-227 MK III and it looks like the aerial WILL fit the later trannies (smaller dia and male thread), so I might just spend nine quid and buy a new trannie off ebay.

Edit: Missed the cheap Tx on eBay :sick:
Attaching the image linked above:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 11 years 2 months ago #17903

Hello all,

I still have my AP-227 set - which I got in 1979 and have never used...
...and also an as-new AP-227 Mk II set - which was not mine originally.

Would anyone like me to scan the paperwork with the radio sets - or have they already been uploaded somewhere - and I have not seen them ?

Keven.
:)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 11 years 2 months ago #17904

Hello all,

I still have my AP-227 set - which I got in 1979 and have never used...
...and also an as-new AP-227 Mk II set - which was not mine originally.

Would anyone like me to scan the paperwork with the radio sets - or have they already been uploaded somewhere - and I have not seen them ?

Keven.

Thanks Keven, & welcome on board :y:

There are already quite a few Acoms radio manuals on the site - www.tamiyabase....y&catid=15 - but if yours are a different version, I'm sure Lars would be interested.

The following user(s) Liked this: keven64

Re: Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 11 years 2 months ago #17905

Hello,

I'll get them out later - and check to see that they are the same...

I was looking for the link that you included ! ;)

Keven. :)

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 11 years 2 months ago #17907

I have a working AP-227 mk 3 with both servo's that will be goin up on the bay in the next few weeks im putting in a 2.4ghx systemm in my Hotshot 2 runner it all works fine but if any one wants this system let me know and ill give them first dibs on it when i pull it out of the Hotshot 2

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 10 years 4 months ago #26912

I read about it in the guide (The ARC Model), but I have never seen one, or a picture of one, but I have one of these...

More piccys of it --> SLIDESHOW
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by dreadly.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 10 years 4 months ago #26913

I read about it in the guide (The ARC Model), but I have never seen one, or a picture of one, but I have one of these...

Thanks dreadly - I had one of those on my first car (a Grasshopper, very shortly after it was released) back in the day, I remember having to use the 4x AA battery pack for quite a long time before I got a BEC unit - the early ones were a small PCB fixed to the back of the car side on/off switch :blink:

Someone did have a ARC RX unit here a while back, there was probably some good reason why a photo of it didn't make it to this thread , but I forget :whistle:

Your ARC unit is probably (based on a most unscientific method, being my recollection of how many I've seen over the last few years) the rarest of the mass market, 27mhz 2-channel Acoms RXs ... which makes it somewhat interesting to an Acoms Anorak, if not particularly valuable.

In fact, probably the only one (given the above qualifiers) that's rarer is the ARD-227, which IIRC was a prototype which appeared in some Tamiya information for the Fox ... I'll make a note of that in the 1st post too.

The following user(s) Liked this: dreadly

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 10 years 4 months ago #26914

I think it will go perfect in my original Monster Beetle.. I REALLY need a transmitter for it though! - The oldest transmitter I have is an Alpha unit. I have a couple of these due to the higher power output.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 10 years 4 months ago #26915

One final question on these units, does anybody know what the advantages/disadvantages are of the 40mhz versions? - Why where these released? - Are the 40mhz versions interchangeable with 27mhz crystals?

Cheers.

Acoms 2-channel stick radio evolution 10 years 4 months ago #26916

27mhz/40mhz parts/xtals definitely aren't interchangeable. As for why there are 40mhz sets, I guess just because it made more frequencies available - 27mhz limits you to 6 (or 12, with "split" xtals & assuming everyone is using later equipment), 40mhz adds in another 10 bands to play with IIRC.

40 mhz has some small advantages over 27 - in the UK at least it's way less popular so there's less chance of a clash, and it also seems (at least anecdotally) to have fewer problems with interference.
The following user(s) Liked this: dreadly

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.