Keyword

TOPIC:

Help me with tire / rim sizes! 3 years 10 months ago #60255

Sonic fighter to.
The following user(s) Liked this: steffiemorris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help me with tire / rim sizes! 3 years 7 months ago #61703

New here but been in RC cars since 89. With vintage tires becoming harder and harder to find I was looking for info in this thread. In the end I found what I was looking for, but I would suggest to be able to search on the most important sizes for tires to fit wheels.

Eg. I'm looking for tires for a Super Hornet
The rim diameter is 60 and the tire width is 21 These are the most critical sizes for a tire to fit. You would probably get away with a 1-2mm difference in rim diameter and probably 4-5 in tire width. So the database could show you valid replacements based on that.

Most 4WD models have same outside diameter tires so that would be taken into account if you're looking for a front-rear set.

This would all make it very easy to just measure your rims and find suitable tires.
Grasshopper II Super G (RIP)
Super Hornet (12t BS)
BigWig rere
Egress rere
Lazer ZX Sport (sorry)

Help me with tire / rim sizes! 3 years 7 months ago #61709

That's a good looking black Hornet there in your avatar. B)

Help me with tire / rim sizes! 3 years 7 months ago #61742

hi i think the wild one has the same rims but different tires
so try them first if they dont fit get the rim next
u still can use other wheels and tires on your super hornet
the hornet ,frog and grasshopper are all the same
grasshopper 2
i dont really like the sand tire for the hornet because it tends to slip on the road so i use the front from the grasshopper 2 and hornet rear tires
works well i haven't tried the wild one yet sorry

Last edit: by spannerman3.

Help me with tire / rim sizes! 3 years 7 months ago #61743

sorry i forgot to tell u
u need a wheel adapter for the hornet rear rims so get the steel ones on crap bay lol ebay so u dont buy the full tree
so u need the rims tree and tire and adapter to make it work and the screw bag A from the hornet
if u use the tamiya hornet rear tires and then the tires are cheap so spin the wheels of the thing lol
and again happy rc bashing lol

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.